With the paperwork for the microwave is included a template to mark the opening in the rear of the microwave and the manual shows you how to re-orient the fan to blow out the back instead of the front. Marked it up, drilled a few holes then cut it out from the outside after taping the surface of the RV to avoid scratches. This model cover is attached with about 8 or 10 screws which are not included, I used stainless. It is nice and flat and I put a little caulk around it just in case. Then the outer cover snaps on. I can’t reach it from the ground put a short extension of some sort will let me open and close it.
I just got tired of turning on the vent fan then we had to turn on the fantastic fan to actually vent the cooking smells out of the RV. The rear part of the cover extends into the wall approximately 1 1/2” which only leaves 1/4” or so gap. I used air conditioning reflective tape to finish sealing the opening. It is messy while cutting the hole because of the foam insulation in the wall. I think it was well worth the trouble.

Terry Parrish
Lake Butler FL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV vent.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	27484

https://www.amazon.com/RV-Range-Exha...%2C185&sr=8-38