User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terry. Did you add batteries and did you use a pure sine wave inverter?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No ice maker on this unit. Did not want another something to break.
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude
    2022 GMC Denali - Duramax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on new fridge. Had it cold at home with a lot of food but not packed. Bottom tray nothing but ice. Plugged into the 800 watt inverter, original battery only, being charged by truck. 5 hours later, all is well. Over then next 11 days temps ranged from 96 to 100 degrees, no shade, unit performed with no issues. everything stayed well below 40 degrees. Thermometer showing 36 to 40 degrees at any time of the day or night. Loading warm drinks, they would cool in 3 hours. For us this was a must and worth all the trouble and $.
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original battery, cheap inverter, 800 watt. Fridge only draws 1.69 amps. Startup maybe 14 amps tops? No issues after first trip.
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it's working for you.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrytruett View Post
    ...Slide opening measures 71 5/8 in front and 71 in rear. This was scary as I could not get measurements until fridge was removed. New fridge dimensions shown...
    I want to do this with my 337. What were the depth and width dimensions of the rough opening once you had the old fridge out?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally took the time to swap the fridge in a 2018 303 from a Dometic 4 door fridge with a new Haier 15 CF residential fridge. I have tried EVERYTHING to get the OEM fridge to work during hot weather, with no luck. Our last beach trip we had some sandwich meat spoil so I ordered the fridge while on the trip.

Removal of fridge was straight forward. 2 screws in back, 4 in front. Turned off gas, removed gas line, capped the cross with a plug, removed 12v power. Removed all the doors. The top valance came out with ease and a couple of screws. The bottom valance and old support was a bit tougher. They did not spare the caulk which made it a PITA. Once the base was sawed out, the rest was easy.

There is NO WAY to get this thing out without removing the bottom step, toward bedroom. The bedroom step came out easy after finding the 2 screws that hold it down.

We laid fiber board down all over the floor. Taped all corners, which was a disaster when tape was removed. Dark mahogany stain to fixed the lifted simulated wood grain.

Slid the fridge upright into door opening, tilted out. Viola! Of course this was after 3 other attempts then, removed the step.

Slide opening measures 71 5/8 in front and 71 in rear. This was scary as I could not get measurements until fridge was removed. New fridge dimensions shown.

We lifted new fridge into door way, which was a struggle. I'm a big guy, my helper (wife) is 5 foot and 100 pounds. Did some tiny damage to the corner molding, but! in back of the fridge, at the seam, there is a strip of sticky wallpaper that fixed damage.

The fridge cooled down in less than 3 hours. It is a tight fit vertical but still room to make adjustments. I screwed the 2 front feet down and also on the top. I installed a 800 watt inverter which is plenty to handle the 2.6 amps to keep it running and only 12 amps surge to start the compressor.

Plans are to add new trim to close gap on both sides. I am short 2.5 inches both side.

Thank you to all the other guys that have done this and shared their info about the same mod!

I used a car window shade and 1/8 inch panels on the inside to fill openings.
    Any Updates how the fridge is performing? FYI COSTCO is selling them now.
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally took the time to swap the fridge in a 2018 303 from a Dometic 4 door fridge with a new Haier 15 CF residential fridge. I have tried EVERYTHING to get the OEM fridge to work during hot weather, with no luck. Our last beach trip we had some sandwich meat spoil so I ordered the fridge while on the trip.

Removal of fridge was straight forward. 2 screws in back, 4 in front. Turned off gas, removed gas line, capped the cross with a plug, removed 12v power. Removed all the doors. The top valance came out with ease and a couple of screws. The bottom valance and old support was a bit tougher. They did not spare the caulk which made it a PITA. Once the base was sawed out, the rest was easy.

There is NO WAY to get this thing out without removing the bottom step, toward bedroom. The bedroom step came out easy after finding the 2 screws that hold it down.

We laid fiber board down all over the floor. Taped all corners, which was a disaster when tape was removed. Dark mahogany stain to fixed the lifted simulated wood grain.

Slid the fridge upright into door opening, tilted out. Viola! Of course this was after 3 other attempts then, removed the step.

Slide opening measures 71 5/8 in front and 71 in rear. This was scary as I could not get measurements until fridge was removed. New fridge dimensions shown.

We lifted new fridge into door way, which was a struggle. I'm a big guy, my helper (wife) is 5 foot and 100 pounds. Did some tiny damage to the corner molding, but! in back of the fridge, at the seam, there is a strip of sticky wallpaper that fixed damage.

The fridge cooled down in less than 3 hours. It is a tight fit vertical but still room to make adjustments. I screwed the 2 front feet down and also on the top. I installed a 800 watt inverter which is plenty to handle the 2.6 amps to keep it running and only 12 amps surge to start the compressor.

Plans are to add new trim to close gap on both sides. I am short 2.5 inches both side.

Thank you to all the other guys that have done this and shared their info about the same mod!

Attachment 27474

I used a car window shade and 1/8 inch panels on the inside to fill openings.

Attachment 27475

Attachment 27476

Attachment 27477

Plenty of clearance between island and fridge

Attachment 27478

I had to use the fiber board to slide up and over the floor trim.
    Terry, it looks awesome, but did it add any weight to the slide, which GD 303 already has a weight problem with?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Terry will respond back with some updates.
    Bill G., The fridge Terry installed is advertised to weigh 201 lbs. while the 12' Norcold doc says 219lbs. Net effect 18lbs lighter.
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12