User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waterproofing the 1/8" thick exposed plywood

On the inside wall area of the outside kitchen, pass though storage compartment and propane tank areas of my 311BHS, there is exposed plywood or paneling type material. The most concerning would be where the propane tanks are mounted because it's open underneath and spray will get in there if traveling when it's raining or there's wet roads. Sooner rather than later it will rot. I'd like to avoid that before it starts. Any ideas what I should do to protect it?

Last edited by RobWNY; 06-23-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always try an outdoor textured spray paint, it forms a good protective layer. You'd most likely want to tape/cover any areas you dont want painted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's supposed to be coated with a black waterproofing spray at the factory, at least if was on my 2020 381?
    Although I still found areas at the bottom of the inner wall below the propane compartments that didn't get coated.
    I'm going to try coating what they missed with a black rubberized aerosol can undercoating that I got at the auto parts store
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine doesn't have any of that protection. It wasn't applied when it should have been, it wasn't noticed in the post production quality inspection GD brags about either. It's all a bunch of hogwash. Why GD gets such a huge pass boggles my mind. Because they answer customer service questions in a timely fashion, I'm supposed to believe these RV's are any better than all the other junk sold out of indiana? I read all over the internet and their website how they are better. They're not. I've owned this RV for 2 months. So far, I have this plywood/paneling issue, a clunking noise in one of the slide outs that the dealer says is "normal", a Schwintek motor that went bad after five uses, a ladder that had to be replaced because it was damaged in transit to the dealer by whoever GD hires to deliver these units, Seam tape that fell off the ceiling and corner molding that fell off. We haven't even gone camping with this RV yet. It's a piece of junk!