User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Hard Mount Pin Box Keep or Toss

I switched ours out for a MorRyde, do you see any reason to keep the old rigid pin box? Reason I ask is I am making a run to the metal scrapper. I don't think anyone would want it, I don't want to haul it around in the RV. I can't think of a reason to hang on to it.

Anyone?
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I replaced the pin box on our Reflection, I asked the independent service guy who used his forklift to change the pin box to just put it on his recycle pile. If you're going to be in one place for a bit, you could list it on Facebook Marketplace for free or very little and see if someone wants it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I switched ours out for a MorRyde, do you see any reason to keep the old rigid pin box? Reason I ask is I am making a run to the metal scrapper. I don't think anyone would want it, I don't want to haul it around in the RV. I can't think of a reason to hang on to it.

Anyone?
    Local metal recycling will likely get you a few bucks
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone?
    Glad to see you made the change. I've had a chance to tow mine a bit now with the new MorRyde box and I like it much better than the Rotoflex. Trailer definitely pulls smoother and somehow I gained an inch of rail clearance and the trailer is still level, I'm at just a hair under 7 inches clearance...Nice. I would try a metal recycle place or just pitch the old one.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're plentiful and cheap. I kept mine should we decide to upgrade down the line and want to transfer the Goosebox or sell it separately. Perhaps a similar consideration for you if you're not full-timing.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys, That's what I thought. The metal recycling place is 4 miles from me, I've got to take a bunch (steel rims, bumpers, fenders, etc) of scrap metal down, might as well take the pin box too. I'm cleaning out my auto shop behind our house in anticipation of selling the property and going fulltime. There was a time I would have kept it and it probably would have stayed around for years. I'm finding a lot of stuff that I kept just in case I or someone else might need it. I have sold a lot of stuff locally and put up with buyer no shows. Not any more, it all goes!

Thanks
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys, That's what I thought. The metal recycling place is 4 miles from me, I've got to take a bunch (steel rims, bumpers, fenders, etc) of scrap metal down, might as well take the pin box too. I'm cleaning out my auto shop behind our house in anticipation of selling the property and going fulltime. There was a time I would have kept it and it probably would have stayed around for years. I'm finding a lot of stuff that I kept just in case I or someone else might need it. I have sold a lot of stuff locally and put up with buyer no shows. Not any more, it all goes!

Thanks
    Ha-ha! I know that routine well. Only difference, maybe, is that when we moved to PA I inventoried and labeled the treasures... I used to have quick sales with Craigslist, but the unsavories ruined that. Now it's anytime eBay offers me free listings, or I'm going to be at a car show with a swap meet. Last year I would post at campgrounds for RV parts and materials I have. Sold a bunch that way. I have so much Forest River prefinished wood, decals, J-wrap, cabinet doors that are all no longer available... Been thinking of approaching one of the biggest independent camper body shops to see if they want it for pennies on the dollar!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Going full-time you're making the right decision(s). However... I needed some heavy/large bolts for something last week and realizing I had gotten rid of some when we moved into the new rig that would have worked, I was reminded of something my grandfather used to say: "Junk is the stuff you throw out the week before you need it."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    They're plentiful and cheap. I kept mine should we decide to upgrade down the line and want to transfer the Goosebox or sell it separately. Perhaps a similar consideration for you if you're not full-timing.
    Exactly what we did as well.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/