Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch Suggestions for 2018 F250 Short Bed w/2015 303 RLS

Hello all,
    What do you use or suggest for a great hitch option using a short-bed truck? I've recently purchased this '18 Superduty. My current truck/hitch is an 08 F250 with an 18K Superglide which rotates back in the turns. I'm not even sure if I need this feature for my new truck. I am concerned about the height of the bed on the new truck as well and how the 303s do with the newer truck bed heights. If anyone is near Little Rock and has a shop you'd suggest for the hitch install would be great as well. I appreciate any input. I'm off to read through the forum too. Thanks.
    Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you already have the Superglide, use it.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent M View Post
    Hello all,
    What do you use or suggest for a great hitch option using a short-bed truck? I've recently purchased this '18 Superduty. My current truck/hitch is an 08 F250 with an 18K Superglide which rotates back in the turns. I'm not even sure if I need this feature for my new truck. I am concerned about the height of the bed on the new truck as well and how the 303s do with the newer truck bed heights. If anyone is near Little Rock and has a shop you'd suggest for the hitch install would be great as well. I appreciate any input. I'm off to read through the forum too. Thanks.
    Brent
    I have been very happy with our superglide in our 2011 F250. Not close to LR but greetings from NW Arkansas. I concur with using the hitch you have.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,
    Brent
    Eve though I have a different brand of hitch, you cant go wrong with the slide on a short bed.
    I agree with the other guys. Go with what you have.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had made up my mind to use my 2010 4400 superglide with this newer truck, but I can't find an adapter system that allows for integration with the late model 5W ready pucks. IOW, the older rails won't fit my new truck. I did find where one guy used two different adapters on YouTube, but it looked like junk and not very safe. Even there, I could find the adapters he used online for pricing.
    Brent & Gina
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,
    Brent
    No issue with bed height on my 18F250 using a B&W Companion hitch and turnover gooseneck mount. Reflection 337rls. I was convinced I would need a slider but the way the B&W companion mounts it buys you 8-10" of rearward clearance. The installer told me he didn't think I would need a slider and that most people that got them rarely used them. His words not mine. I've been completely pleased with my setup.
    I can't recommend anyone over there but I would ask local rv dealerships who they use as a thought?

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone. I ended up going with the 2714 Superglide that fits in the pucks. It lets me adjust hitch directly over tires and the auto-slide let's me forget about turns altogether. Just need to adjust for needed clearance between truck and 5W. Appreciate all your inputs.
    Brent & Gina
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS