Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quartzsite 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arnett View Post
    We are already at La Posa South, Quartzsite. If there is anything we can do to help, let us know. We camped next to the rally last year but no as an official member.
    Thank you! Perhaps we can meet up? How's the weather right now? As soon as we can get our obligations completed, pack up after this snow storm we are in the middle of - we hope to get there!
    Let's keep in touch, please.
    Anyone else going to be here, if so, let's try to ALL meet up!
    Keep this thread going!
    Safe Travels, be Happy and Healthy!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey W View Post
    Is there any information on the 2021 Quartzite rally
    MO

Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Rally info for Quartzsite is on Facebook but for those who do not use FB here are the basics.

There will be no "official" GD rally in Q this year. Instead, an informal get together is planned with no support from Grand Design, no organized events and no fees. Just a party in the desert where all are welcome and no reservations are required.

The event is planned for Jan 8-10. Many of us will be going out earlier and hanging out past the event.
    I do not use Facebook but I learned from someone who does that the Facebook Grand Design Rv Quartzsite Rally page says the unofficial get together is being held February 25th through the 28th, 2021. Location is the same as past years on the west edge of the BLM Roadrunner free 14 day area.

They took a poll last summer and the majority opted for a later date anticipating warmer weather and speculating back then that there would be no Big Tent show.

There is no registration or fee but there is an event sign up tab on Facebook to give them an idea of how many will attend. Obviously that is not possible for us without Facebook accounts so I guess we just show up. There are no formal events other than a nightly fire. Maybe the organizers can provide an email if they want to know the non Facebook owners who are planning to attend.

I was told at least two vendors will be there, the brake folks and the air duct folks.

The Truck Campers Adventure (TCA) group is holding their rally at the same location February 11 - 14, 2021. Grand Design folks planning to arrive on the14th so their 14 day limit ends on the last day of the get together (28th) may want to arrive later in the afternoon after most of those folks have left. They had a large group there Friday.

I have not seen a host at Roadrunner so I do not know what the BLM is expecting in regards to the free BLM camping sign in. I suspect most just skip it. There are hosts at the free Scandan Wash, Hi Jolly and Plomosa Road areas.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
    MO

I do not use Facebook but I learned from someone who does that the Facebook Grand Design Rv Quartzsite Rally page says the unofficial get together is being held February 25th through the 28th, 2021. Location is the same as past years on the west edge of the BLM Roadrunner free 14 day area.

They took a poll last summer and the majority opted for a later date anticipating warmer weather and speculating back then that there would be no Big Tent show.

There is no registration or fee but there is an event sign up tab on Facebook to give them an idea of how many will attend. Obviously that is not possible for us without Facebook accounts so I guess we just show up. There are no formal events other than a nightly fire. Maybe the organizers can provide an email if they want to know the non Facebook owners who are planning to attend.

I was told at least two vendors will be there, the brake folks and the air duct folks.

The Truck Campers Adventure (TCA) group is holding their rally at the same location February 11 - 14, 2021. Grand Design folks planning to arrive on the14th so their 14 day limit ends on the last day of the get together (28th) may want to arrive later in the afternoon after most of those folks have left. They had a large group there Friday.

I have not seen a host at Roadrunner so I do not know what the BLM is expecting in regards to the free BLM camping sign in. I suspect most just skip it. There are hosts at the free Scandan Wash, Hi Jolly and Plomosa Road areas.
    Kinda short notice. But I guess that's what I'd expect, since we're the unwanted step-children here.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Kinda short notice. But I guess that's what I'd expect, since we're the unwanted step-children here.
    The information has been on the Facebook site since last summer. I had heard about it in general terms a while back but without a Facebook account, I had no way to confirm it or get detailed information.

It would have been nice if someone from there posted it here. I kept looking here hoping something would show up. I see that info on other rallies are listed here. Maybe they forgot or just erroneously assumed we all have Facebook accounts.

Hopefully those in the area can make it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
    The information has been on the Facebook site since last summer. I had heard about it in general terms a while back but without a Facebook account, I had no way to confirm it or get detailed information.

It would have been nice if someone from there posted it here. I kept looking here hoping something would show up. I see that info on other rallies are listed here. Maybe they forgot or just erroneously assumed we all have Facebook accounts.

Hopefully those in the area can make it.
    I doubt they "forgot". I think they just didn't think about it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, the gathering's organizer is set up at the Roadrunner location and is taking sign-ins. It looks like a few others have arrived.

If I remember correctly, about 161 have signed up on Facebook. There will be some more like me that are not on Facebook. I suspect there will also be some no shows. All but a few of the truck campers have left.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the area, but not sure of the location. Plomosa Road & Hwy 95? Then where?
    Any additional information, streets, landmarks as to "where" everyone will be? We will Cruise down that way in the next couple of days. Hope to find you all! Safe Travels!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KenSher View Post
    We are in the area, but not sure of the location. Plomosa Road & Hwy 95? Then where.........
    Wrong side of town. Plamosa Rd BLM free area is about 6 miles north of Quartzsite whereas the Roadrunner BLM free area, the site of the get together, is about five miles south of town.

From the I-10 overpass in the center of town, drive due south on highway 95 (to Yuma) for about 5 miles. Look for mile post 99 on your right. You will see several white gas lines sticking out of the ground. The land on the west side is the Roadrunner free camp area.

Keep going about one block south from the MP 99 sign and move into the right hand turn lane. Make a 90 degree turn to the right on LaPaz Valley Rd. This is a paved road. You will be heading due west.

In about 20 yards you will see a dirt road heading 45 degrees off to the right. It goes by BLM sign boards. Do NOT take take this road. Continue about another 30 yards and take the second 45 degree road to the right. This is a two track dirt road.heading out into the desert. You wil be heading northwest. Continue about a mile and a half. It ultimately comes out on the Old Yuma Rd. The get together area is about a 1,000 yards before reaching the Old Yuma Rd.

There are several other side roads shooting off the 45 degree road. Just stay on the main drag. It is easy to see. It will take you right to the area. Bring up satellite view in Google Maps to see the layout.

As of yesterday there were just a few trailers there so it was not that noticeable. I'm sure that will change as we get closer to the official start. Jim will be on the left side of the road with his Reflection travel trail set up parallel to the road. There is a sign up table in front of the trailer. He may have a couple of flags flying, depending on the wind. I'm set up in the LTVA at the moment with family. I'll probably be relocating the first part of next week.

Please let me know if you need any more information.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection Travel Trailer 297RSTS - Second Owner 2020
    1998 Northwood Manufacturing Nash Travel Trailer 24A - Original Owner
    2004.5 Chevrolet Ext Cab Reg. Bed 4WD SilveradoHD Duramax (LLY) -Original Owner

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANK YOU! Your directions are precise. We will look for in the next day or so. We will drive our truck F350 Dually. We have our puppy "dog" with us. AGAIN THANK YOU!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken ... Glad I could help.

Do you plan to attend with your trailer? If so, I will look for you.

Weather looks to be upper 60s low 70s. Perfect. Hopefully the wind stays away.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection Travel Trailer 297RSTS - Second Owner 2020
    1998 Northwood Manufacturing Nash Travel Trailer 24A - Original Owner
    2004.5 Chevrolet Ext Cab Reg. Bed 4WD SilveradoHD Duramax (LLY) -Original Owner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast