User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quartzsite 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we are thinking about coming 1st in our truck. We are Boondocking off Plomosa Road.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KenSher View Post
    Yes, we are thinking about coming 1st in our truck. We are Boondocking off Plomosa Road.
    Sounds good. I was set up off Plomosa Rd a couple of weeks ago before moving to the LTVA.

The distance from where you turn off LaPaz Valley Rd to the get together signup spot is actually 1 mile and not the 1.5 miles that I guessed at in the prior note.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection Travel Trailer 297RSTS - Second Owner 2020
    1998 Northwood Manufacturing Nash Travel Trailer 24A - Original Owner
    2004.5 Chevrolet Ext Cab Reg. Bed 4WD SilveradoHD Duramax (LLY) -Original Owner

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrap Up

This is the last official day of the 2021 Grand Design Quartzsite unofficial get together. Approximately 62 units signed in. Most of those were folks where signed up on Facebook and there were a few drop ins like me who do not have a Facebook account. There were about 161 on the Facebook group who said they were going to attend so that means there were over 100 no shows.

The large majority of the the rigs where 5th wheel Reflections followed by Momentums. There were 6 travel trailers that I found and a few Solitudes. I did not notice any Transcends. Quite a few of the units had the white paint schemes which indicated newer models

Weather has been blue skies and dry but Thursday and Sunday were/are very windy. Friday was perfect and just breezy on Saturday. Day temps were about the low 70s.

There were no official events but first timers Glenda and Jon put together an impromtu pot luck . It was outdoors with a breeze and it looked like folks were maintaining distancing. With people staying inside due to the wind and the lack of events, this made it easier to meet folks. There were a good number of first timers. Everyone I spoke with was full timer. Thanks Glenda and Jon.

The photo shows about 54 rigs and was taken mid Saturday morning. A number of people left early not wanting to get caught in the high winds forecast for Sunday.

Jim and his wife, the organizers, were able to procure Grand Design tote bags that they gave out to folks when they signed in.

Things were obviously low key due the year of the virus, but I found it to be a good time and am glad to have attended my first Grand Design event.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DJI_0230_Resize.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	32399
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DJI_0230.jpg  
    2018 Grand Design Reflection Travel Trailer 297RSTS - Second Owner 2020
    1998 Northwood Manufacturing Nash Travel Trailer 24A - Original Owner
    2004.5 Chevrolet Ext Cab Reg. Bed 4WD SilveradoHD Duramax (LLY) -Original Owner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123