User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 2018 GMC 2500 diesel. We pull a GD 315RLTS. Last year when going from PA to Bar Harbor, ME, I had to have the accelerator almost to the floor most of the time. We use to pull with a 2016 RAM 2500 Cummins with no issues. After the trip to Maine, I came home and purchased a 2019 RAM 3500 Cummins. Another thing I didn't like about the GM Diesel is that the DEF doesn't have a gauge, only a light and a message populates how many miles till empty. When I left Maine, the light wasn't on, 50 miles down the road it stated 1500 miles left. 200 more miles down the road, it said 500 miles left. Very unreliable DEF system. The RAM actually has a gauge for the DEF tank. If you aren't getting a diesel then you might not have an issue. Happy camping.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

As an owner of a 3/4 ton diesel truck, it is doubtful I would ever by another 3/4 ton. As a general rule, there is too much payload lost versus a 1 ton and the price in negligible between the two.

YMMV. Buy what you will be happy with and enjoy your travels and adventure.
    I totally agree with this. I started off with a Tacoma, to a 150 to a 250 to a 350 and am now thinking about a 450.
    Loved my 250 but wish I would have paid the little extra and gotten the 350.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with the 3500HD. It has more payload and doesn’t cost much more. The ride is very good, better than my 2011 GMC 2500HD.

As for the differences between the 2500 and 3500, it has the extra springs as mentioned earlier but also includes a 12” ring gear compared to the 11.5” on the 2500 as well as putting down all 910 ftlb of torque in first gear.

Lastly, it has a DEF gauge which was sorely missed in previous years and the 2020 HD’s are beasts.

Best of luck in your decision!
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Agreed. however with the 2020 GM's its not quite as bad since they have broken through the 10K GVWR ceiling that had been on 3/4 tons. In fact I believe a 2020 2500 is rated higher than my 2017 3500SRW.

I still would go with a 3500. You never know what the future holds. The cost difference should be minimal though the ride will probably be a little harsher.

Good Luck!
    Just traded an F250 to F350 DRW. New truck rides better than the 250. Long bed maybe? Definitely go for 1 ton over 3/4. Probably almost 2x payload. Little to no price difference.

Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pulling a 2018 2670MK with a 2000 F250 V10, Supercab longed, I put Firestone Sureride airbags on as well. I was still having issues with sway so I put an Equalizer 4 way WD hitch.
    We have very little problem pulling the trailer even with the bed loaded with equipment generators, tools, and whatever else. But the V10 sure sucks the gas though, normally without a headwind we can get an 8.5 mph avg, but if there's a headwind it drops down to 7 ish. But there is still plenty of power. But my next truck will be an F350, but as someone else posted, I'm planning for my next trailer.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Traveling along the Columbia River, I'm kayaking all 1200ish miles...
    approx 575 miles done
    **Wilderness Systems Kayaks** Mine-Tsunami 175 Hers-Zephyr 165
    2018 -2670MK behind a 2000 F250 (for now)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 GMC 2500HD diesel. It is perfect in our part of the western Rockies. No problems taking my 5eR up the mountain passes. The only thing I wish it had is the electronic folding outside mirrors. You will enjoy the truck.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking at getting a new 2020 Silverado 2500 HD to tow my 2670MK.

What's your opinion on this truck? Any specific specs I should look into? Also, do you recommend any other trucks to tow this, and for what reason?

I'd like to get as much input from the community as possible before I make such a large purchase.
    I've got a 2013 chevy 2500 and we have about 80K miles on it and have never regretted upgrading from a 150. Almost entirely used for towing first a 6000 lb trailer now a 7500 on one. Gd imagine 3000qb. If the price was close evm might have gone with a 3500 , they are so close the difference might be worth it with a heavier tow. Research dodge ram death rattle. A sobering thing not to be ignored.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

What's your opinion on this truck? Any specific specs I should look into? Also, do you recommend any other trucks to tow this, and for what reason?

I'd like to get as much input from the community as possible before I make such a large purchase.
    I think this would be a great combination for you. The only thing I would add is the SUMMO Super Springs. Check them out on line. I have used them for years and it is an inexpensive way to improve the ride of your truck loaded and unloaded. Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing pulls like a ford F350

Hello,

I was a chevy man for over 40 years, they are by far a smoother ride going down the highway empty. Pulling a load is a different story, I was always a little nervous pulling a large trailer or my top heavy tractor. I felt the whole truck move a little sideways with the wind or imperfections in the road. Since I changed to Ford, first a F250, then a F350, I hardly know i'm pulling a load. This is especially evident when pulling my Solitude 373FB.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

As an owner of a 3/4 ton diesel truck, it is doubtful I would ever by another 3/4 ton. As a general rule, there is too much payload lost versus a 1 ton and the price in negligible between the two.

YMMV. Buy what you will be happy with and enjoy your travels and adventure.
    We have a little over 3,000 lbs payload with our 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD - Duramax V8 turbo diesel with the 10 speed Allison transmission. Pulls our 2020 GD 303RLS just fine.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast