User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible motor failure?

I think the hydraulic pump motor may have failed on my LCI leveling/slide system. I am no longer able to used any functions of the leveling system or push my main slides in or out. When I press the up or down arrows on the main control panel I can hear the switch click on and off but nothing happens. Also, if I try to auto level, hitch height, or retract all the system goes into error and I have to reset at the panel inside the trailer.
    Has anyone else experienced this and if so was the motor bad or am I missing something?
    Thank you for the help in advance.
    The Becicka's
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 380 FL-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Cummins HO
    Fairfax, Iowa

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @dbecicka I see you have a 2017 388M. There was an issue with the circuit breaker for the pump being only 50 amps. The C/B was not able to keep up with the demand and would eventually fail. The fix was to replace the C/B with an 80 amp of the same style. Easy way to check is see if you have power at the motor terminal itself. Place to start anyway...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resettable breaker or low 12 volt (battery) can cause this.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a multi-meter, set it to the DC voltage range and check the battery terminals first.....without the shore power plugged in. That prevents seeing the voltage that the converter is supplying to the battery. If you have good battery voltage (12.6/12.7 volts), then move on to checking voltage at the breaker. Put the Red lead on the line going to the breaker from the battery, and the Black lead on the battery NEG. post. If that is good, then move the Red lead to the other side of the breaker and take a reading there....same deal.....Red lead to the breaker post, Black lead to the battery NEG post. If your readings are good, then move on to where that wire goes.....the directional contactor for the pump. If you have low or no voltage at the breaker.....that is your problem and it need to be either reset...or replaced if it is a 50A breaker. The new standard is an 80A breaker and that is approved by Grand Design. So if you have good voltage on the load side of the breaker, move to the next spot. Take a reading at the directional contactor and see what you've got there. If you have proper voltage there, the next step is to have someone try and run the hydraulic system as you check for voltage to the motor itself. You should eventually be able to determine where the fault is by following these steps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the responses. I haven't had a chance to check any of these items yet but will do so tomorrow.
    The Becicka's
    2020 Ram 3500 Cummins HO
    Fairfax, Iowa

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbecicka View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I haven't had a chance to check any of these items yet but will do so tomorrow.
    Let us know what you find....or don't find.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally had time to check on things this morning and here is what I came up with. The breaker in picture #1 seems to be the problem. I checked the draw side of the breaker with the volt meter and there was nothing. I removed it from the storage wall and it rattles when you shake it. I'll assume that is not good...
    Picture #1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original fusebreaker.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	27569
    I have ordered the breaker in picture #2 as a replacement based on the information I have gathered from this thread and also the forum. If this is not correct please advise as we are leaving on another trip soon and I'd like to figure this out and not have to manually raise and lower the unit with a drill. I'm glad this works but what a chore!
    Picture #2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buss80amp.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	27568
    Thank you again for all of the help and suggestions, especially xrated for the detailed instructions, this was most definitely helpful.
    The Becicka's
    2020 Ram 3500 Cummins HO
    Fairfax, Iowa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see this post was from around June of 2020, so I might be a little late to add my two cents. But the picture shows a non-auto reset breaker with the red button. Is that what you used? I might also assume it has never tripped being 80 amps, so that might be okay in this instance. Hope this all worked out for you...
    Larry and Vicki
    2016 Solitude 305RE - Sailun S637 ST
    2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ
    TranferFlow 50 Gal Aux Tank
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch