User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Double up eh! [emoji3] . I went with just the 1 pair.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    So did I. Not sure how much help the outer bracket is, but I suppose it can only help.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Kuat Transfer( They are RV approved) for similar weight bikes on a 2970RL I had a 2600RB with the same rack. Find a fabricator to build a bumper for your rig. The one you have is not designed for that kind of weight. I paid about $1200 bucks installed and welded to the I beams correctly.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible to share some pics ??

Hi ! I am trying to find a welder in my area and no one wants to touch it with a 50' pole. ... Do you have pics to share by any chance ?

THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    We use a Kuat Transfer( They are RV approved) for similar weight bikes on a 2970RL I had a 2600RB with the same rack. Find a fabricator to build a bumper for your rig. The one you have is not designed for that kind of weight. I paid about $1200 bucks installed and welded to the I beams correctly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martywax View Post
    Hi ! I am trying to find a welder in my area and no one wants to touch it with a 50' pole. ... Do you have pics to share by any chance ?

THanks!
    It took a minute to dig through the hard drive. It's actually a pretty easy job the hardest thing is the size of the trailer for a work area.
    I no longer have this unit but did do the same thing on my current unit. I appologize for the photo orientation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0193.jpg   IMG_0194.jpg   IMG_0198.jpg   IMG_0199.jpg  
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I communicated with Swagman customer service and was told that the Escapee #66693 will work if the bikes don't have front fenders or the arm of the rack can be in contact with the tire and NOT the fender.
    The note below is the exact wording from the email I got about the "Escapee #66693 " model. Also, I was told by someone from Grand Design,, that as long as the rack and bike combination does not go over the 350 pounds that the bumper is rated for, a bumber mount hitch adapter would be adequate... I recommend that you call or write directly to Swagman and Grand Design to confirm what I am telling you...

It holds the bike by the front wheels, instead of the frame, the only caveat is that it doesn't work well with fenders.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenson View Post
    ... Also, I was told by someone from Grand Design,, that as long as the rack and bike combination does not go over the 350 pounds that the bumper is rated for, a bumber mount hitch adapter would be adequate...
    Don't believe this for an instant. 350 lbs. on a bumper mount hitch adapter is a recipe for disaster.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenson View Post
    I communicated with Swagman customer service and was told that the Escapee #66693 will work if the bikes don't have front fenders or the arm of the rack can be in contact with the tire and NOT the fender.
    The note below is the exact wording from the email I got about the "Escapee #66693 " model. Also, I was told by someone from Grand Design,, that as long as the rack and bike combination does not go over the 350 pounds that the bumper is rated for, a bumber mount hitch adapter would be adequate... I recommend that you call or write directly to Swagman and Grand Design to confirm what I am telling you...

It holds the bike by the front wheels, instead of the frame, the only caveat is that it doesn't work well with fenders.
    The bumper is not rated for 350 lbs. The receiver on trailers is much more substantial than the bumper and is only rated at 300 lbs. Do not use a bumper adapter for a bike rack.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234