User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick05 View Post
    I have the 5.0 V8 with 9000 tow and 1959 payload so should be good with any of them. Any concerns with towing your MLE?
    I was a little skeptical at first before towing it. I was saying to myself it's only 2.7. But boy those 2 turbos and delivering 400 torque really impressed me. Much better then my old 5.4L f150. No issues at all.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I was a little skeptical at first before towing it. I was saying to myself it's only 2.7. But boy those 2 turbos and delivering 400 torque really impressed me. Much better then my old 5.4L f150. No issues at all.

Thanks for the reply. I have towed with my SUV with a turbo 2.0 and there is now shortage of power so I know turbos make a big difference. The 5.0 is 395HP and 400 ft-lbs so I expect it to be decent. I have a Husky Centerline for use when towing with the SUV so I will probably move that over to the new TT and use it with the F-150.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I have towed with my SUV with a turbo 2.0 and there is now shortage of power so I know turbos make a big difference. The 5.0 is 395HP and 400 ft-lbs so I expect it to be decent. I have a Husky Centerline for use when towing with the SUV so I will probably move that over to the new TT and use it with the F-150.
    That's the wdh that have. Good one but noisy in turns. Turns heads in camp grounds.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my 22MLE. It has everything and perfect length.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to the TT world. We bought the 22 MLE and LOVE IT!!! I mean, it's insane how much I love it. These are the pros for a couple (we're a couple too without children).
    1. You can get to everything with the slide in... the space feels very open.
    2. The dinette is the PERFECT size, not only for eating, but playing games or planning out activities.
    3. The under bed storage is GREAT and has really pushed us to think about taking a 3 month long trip (we work full time, so would have to work in it too - and the dinette will work for that purpose as well).
    4. We spend most of our time outside, but the recliners are AMAZING and a perfect space when you need to relax a bit and are somewhere between a full on nap and sort of being awake. :-)
    5. The kitchen is a great size. I find I can cook full meals in the kitchen, which is great when it's raining. As well, the fridge is exactly the perfect size for us. I can fit a week's worth of food in it, no problem.
    6. The bathroom is very well designed. I find it to be incredibly user friendly and the right size on everything.

There are two cons to the trailer, but I think these would be true in anything of this size. The garage is the only storage bin outside and it's not the widest. We cannot store our zero gravity chairs in it as they are too wide. (Yes, definitely a first world problem. :-) ) The second are the cabinet sizes next to the bed. They're kind of an odd little size. It works, but I would prefer them to be a bit wider.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morgey1 View Post
    I am new to the TT world. We bought the 22 MLE and LOVE IT!!! I mean, it's insane how much I love it. These are the pros for a couple (we're a couple too without children).
    1. You can get to everything with the slide in... the space feels very open.
    2. The dinette is the PERFECT size, not only for eating, but playing games or planning out activities.
    3. The under bed storage is GREAT and has really pushed us to think about taking a 3 month long trip (we work full time, so would have to work in it too - and the dinette will work for that purpose as well).
    4. We spend most of our time outside, but the recliners are AMAZING and a perfect space when you need to relax a bit and are somewhere between a full on nap and sort of being awake. :-)
    5. The kitchen is a great size. I find I can cook full meals in the kitchen, which is great when it's raining. As well, the fridge is exactly the perfect size for us. I can fit a week's worth of food in it, no problem.
    6. The bathroom is very well designed. I find it to be incredibly user friendly and the right size on everything.

There are two cons to the trailer, but I think these would be true in anything of this size. The garage is the only storage bin outside and it's not the widest. We cannot store our zero gravity chairs in it as they are too wide. (Yes, definitely a first world problem. :-) ) The second are the cabinet sizes next to the bed. They're kind of an odd little size. It works, but I would prefer them to be a bit wider.
    I agree with all your points. You can actually be 2 adults in the kitchen prepping and cooking. I would of also liked a little wider bathroom (not much) and wider basement doors. I'm actually contemplating making a closet instead of the pantry. We found that there's more than enough cabinets but could use a small closet. Maybe make the mirror over the dinette open. Oh and cover that damn blue light. Lol

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the wdh that have. Good one but noisy in turns. Turns heads in camp grounds.

Mine was really noisy as well. I was searching online for what to do about it. There were some recommendations of using friction pads, but I didn’t see any specific to the centerline hitch. I also saw where husky said you could add a small amount of grease to the lift brackets. Of course you are going to lose some sway control but that is probably true with the pads too. My current TT doesn’t sway at all so I tried a small amount of grease and it doesn’t make a sound. I figured worst case scenario, a little degreaser would bring me right back to where I started.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was really noisy as well. I was searching online for what to do about it. There were some recommendations of using friction pads, but I didn’t see any specific to the centerline hitch. I also saw where husky said you could add a small amount of grease to the lift brackets. Of course you are going to lose some sway control but that is probably true with the pads too. My current TT doesn’t sway at all so I tried a small amount of grease and it doesn’t make a sound. I figured worst case scenario, a little degreaser would bring me right back to where I started.
    Please report back on this. As for the friction pads, I remember seeing that but it was for the Anderson system or the one with the square bars. Not sure for the husky system.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please report back on this. As for the friction pads, I remember seeing that but it was for the Anderson system or the one with the square bars. Not sure for the husky system.

Probably for the square bars. Andersen uses chains and sway control is built into the ball assembly.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reply may be more for Nick05. We narrowed our search down to between the 22MLE or the 22RBE and we chose the 22RBE. There are different floor plans for the different strokes of the different folks. I will list the reasons we liked the RBE and they or may not be important to anyone else, but maybe something will be of interest or help you with your decisions.
    1 - we were indifferent about the slide on the camp site side, but it really is not an issue as the slide is not very deep and just does not seem to be a bother at all. In fact there is a small plus to it being under the awning as it does not need a separate slide topper - the awning basically takes care of that issue.
    2 - speaking of the slide, the RBE is totally functional with the slide in. Not crazy tight at all - I mean totally functional. We have the theater seats and can have the seats fully reclined and even leave the table attached to the seats and still open every cabinet door including the fridge. The table does make it a bit tighter, but maybe you get my point about the useful space with the slide in. Leave the slide in on the MLE and then recline the theater seats and things get real tight. It also gets tighter in the kitchen area on the MLE with the slide in, but that may not be a big deal. We were impressed with the (slide in) space in the RBE to say the least. From a potential future issue standpoint, we liked the smaller and lighter slide on the RBE as compared to the MLE.
    3 - We like the larger bath on the RBE and can actually get dressed in the bathroom after the shower. The MLE bath is small and we felt would not accommodate getting dressed and such. Seems like I would have had to step out into the kitchen to get dressed in the MLE. Speaking of the proximity of the bath to the kitchen, the MLE bath just seemed too close to the kitchen. I know everything is small in a 22' TT but from a preference standpoint, the RBE bath in the back kind of by itself just seemed like something we would like better overall and we do.
    4 - The TV in the RBE is in a great position to be seen from the seating area or while working in the kitchen. The person working in the kitchen of the MLE would have their back to the TV so from a day to day use perspective (TV usually on) we felt the RBE was laid out more to our liking.
    5 - Speaking of the TV, there is mounting plate for a TV in the bedroom of the RBE and we mounted a TV in there. Super cool for a small TT. If TV in bed is not your thing, then of course no big deal there. We have actually had both TVs going at the same time as I am not into HGTV but she sure is. My apple AirPods work with Amazon Fire TV that I have on the main TV so no problem from a dual sound perspective.
    6 - The bedroom of the RBE has a door that has so many advantages for us. The aforementioned dual TV situation is one, but also if one person wants to sleep early or stay in bed late in the AM, the door provides continuous darkness, quiet and privacy. In addition, the beds on either TT are not the easiest to make so if we are all up and the neighbor stops by for that early cup of coffee, we can simply shut the bedroom door and the bedroom is unseen etc when the entry door is opened. With the MLE, the corner of the bed is right beside the entry door, so if there is coming and going at the entry door while someone is asleep, it will likely not be good. Actually we feel the RBE has some cool separation and sort of feels like there are three rooms. The bedroom, the living area including the kitchen and then the bathroom. The MLE felt more like a dorm room with its all in one room feel. The wife hated the curtain - again just a preference...
    7 - It seems to us that the entry area of the MLE was so tight as you come right in and you are at the foot of the bed on your right and the dinette tight on the left. The RBE just felt so much more open at the entry.
    8 - The window in the back of the RBE is of course in the bath and may have the shade down most of the time so may seem to be a lost window, but we felt that most of the time our sites are back in and the view out the back of the TT is a bunch of vegetation. That back window on the RBE is an emergency escape window with nothing to climb over to get out so we felt that was a plus if that kind of emergency happened. If things need some good ventilation in the bathroom, we can also open that window real wide and get some fresh air in real fast. On the other hand, the kitchen window out the back of the MLE may be a visual plus at certain sites for sure.
    9 - We did like the pantry and the dinette on the MLE, but all of the items mentioned above were more important to us than the pantry and dinette.
    There is a good chance that our interests are not the same as others, but those were our thoughts.
    Good luck in your decision making!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast