User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decisions! Decisions...Imagine XLS 17MKE or 19RLE or 22MLE?

Please calling on anyone who has one of these models, or even those who looked at one and then decided against it...we are really stuck trying to decide between these models. We’ve been writing pages of pros/cons and they all are even. For example, the “pro” of the fact that the 19RLE doesn’t have a slide for ease-of-use/maintenance is countered by the “con” that it feels cramped and less spacious than the models with a slide. Et cetera, etc.

We want a couples’ camper, don’t entertain inside, boondock a lot and do some dirt roads, so are looking for something as lightweight and short as possible up to the maximum of the 22MLE. Please share with us any wisdom you have about these models! Sincere thanks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We choose the 22mle, the selling point for us was walk around bed and it can be 100 % used when the slide is closed. Loved the kitchen space and open concept and storage space. Having a dinette and theater sitting is a bonus. Your tv capabilities should have a huge impact on your decision. Check payload, and gcvwr....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also liked that both of us could be working in the kitchen.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the 19rle is no longer available unless you can find one on a lot.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Oh, the 19rle is no longer available unless you can find one on a lot.

Yes, there are some we’ve found on lots for great deals as they’re blowing them out. But you make good points about the 22mle. I do a lot of cooking and just feel it would be too cramped in the galley kitchen of the 19rle.

So you can even reach the sink with the slide in the 22mle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaZephyr View Post
    Yes, there are some we’ve found on lots for great deals as they’re blowing them out. But you make good points about the 22mle. I do a lot of cooking and just feel it would be too cramped in the galley kitchen of the 19rle.

So you can even reach the sink with the slide in the 22mle?
    Yes, everything is fully accessible with the slide in.
    2020 IMAGINE XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our third trailer since 2014, see signature. Each time we bought we said to ourselves this is it only to have it turn out that things eventually felt cramped, dark, or closed in. It’s been an expensive lesson. I’ve read on some forums to buy your second or third RV first. Now I know what that means.

In addition to what other posters have mentioned, the 22mle has an open floor plan with plenty of windows, brighter color interior, and a mirror behind one of the dinette seats. Combined, these make it feel bigger inside than its 26’ length.

We also enjoy state parks and feel the 22mle allows us to get into smaller sites while having all the amenities.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After having 2 trailers with slides, when we were looking my wife said "No slide, no way!"
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our last trailer had the same floor plan as the 19RLE. We loved the back dining, but that was about it. Personally, the murphy beds are a PITA. We went with the 22 MLE and absolutely love it. Open floor plan, and lots of storage and a decent amount of counter space, plus the theater seats with a direct view of the television. What vehicle will you be towing the trailer with?
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    This is our third trailer since 2014, see signature. Each time we bought we said to ourselves this is it only to have it turn out that things eventually felt cramped, dark, or closed in. It’s been an expensive lesson. I’ve read on some forums to buy your second or third RV first. Now I know what that means.

In addition to what other posters have mentioned, the 22mle has an open floor plan with plenty of windows, brighter color interior, and a mirror behind one of the dinette seats. Combined, these make it feel bigger inside than its 26’ length.

We also enjoy state parks and feel the 22mle allows us to get into smaller sites while having all the amenities.
    Thank you! This is I think what we needed to hear. Our previous TT was a 19’ fiberglass Escape (16’ floorplan) so all of these models seem huge in comparison. But also don’t want to go small and then regret it. Ironically we were also looking at the Rockwood Mini Lites. Do you find the quality of your GD better than the Rockwood?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast