User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the responses. I decided to order the Blue Ox with the 1,000lb bars.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RussMc View Post
    This reply may be more for Nick05. We narrowed our search down to between the 22MLE or the 22RBE and we chose the 22RBE. There are different floor plans for the different strokes of the different folks. I will list the reasons we liked the RBE and they or may not be important to anyone else, but maybe something will be of interest or help you with your decisions.
    1 - we were indifferent about the slide on the camp site side, but it really is not an issue as the slide is not very deep and just does not seem to be a bother at all. In fact there is a small plus to it being under the awning as it does not need a separate slide topper - the awning basically takes care of that issue.
    2 - speaking of the slide, the RBE is totally functional with the slide in. Not crazy tight at all - I mean totally functional. We have the theater seats and can have the seats fully reclined and even leave the table attached to the seats and still open every cabinet door including the fridge. The table does make it a bit tighter, but maybe you get my point about the useful space with the slide in. Leave the slide in on the MLE and then recline the theater seats and things get real tight. It also gets tighter in the kitchen area on the MLE with the slide in, but that may not be a big deal. We were impressed with the (slide in) space in the RBE to say the least. From a potential future issue standpoint, we liked the smaller and lighter slide on the RBE as compared to the MLE.
    3 - We like the larger bath on the RBE and can actually get dressed in the bathroom after the shower. The MLE bath is small and we felt would not accommodate getting dressed and such. Seems like I would have had to step out into the kitchen to get dressed in the MLE. Speaking of the proximity of the bath to the kitchen, the MLE bath just seemed too close to the kitchen. I know everything is small in a 22' TT but from a preference standpoint, the RBE bath in the back kind of by itself just seemed like something we would like better overall and we do.
    4 - The TV in the RBE is in a great position to be seen from the seating area or while working in the kitchen. The person working in the kitchen of the MLE would have their back to the TV so from a day to day use perspective (TV usually on) we felt the RBE was laid out more to our liking.
    5 - Speaking of the TV, there is mounting plate for a TV in the bedroom of the RBE and we mounted a TV in there. Super cool for a small TT. If TV in bed is not your thing, then of course no big deal there. We have actually had both TVs going at the same time as I am not into HGTV but she sure is. My apple AirPods work with Amazon Fire TV that I have on the main TV so no problem from a dual sound perspective.
    6 - The bedroom of the RBE has a door that has so many advantages for us. The aforementioned dual TV situation is one, but also if one person wants to sleep early or stay in bed late in the AM, the door provides continuous darkness, quiet and privacy. In addition, the beds on either TT are not the easiest to make so if we are all up and the neighbor stops by for that early cup of coffee, we can simply shut the bedroom door and the bedroom is unseen etc when the entry door is opened. With the MLE, the corner of the bed is right beside the entry door, so if there is coming and going at the entry door while someone is asleep, it will likely not be good. Actually we feel the RBE has some cool separation and sort of feels like there are three rooms. The bedroom, the living area including the kitchen and then the bathroom. The MLE felt more like a dorm room with its all in one room feel. The wife hated the curtain - again just a preference...
    7 - It seems to us that the entry area of the MLE was so tight as you come right in and you are at the foot of the bed on your right and the dinette tight on the left. The RBE just felt so much more open at the entry.
    8 - The window in the back of the RBE is of course in the bath and may have the shade down most of the time so may seem to be a lost window, but we felt that most of the time our sites are back in and the view out the back of the TT is a bunch of vegetation. That back window on the RBE is an emergency escape window with nothing to climb over to get out so we felt that was a plus if that kind of emergency happened. If things need some good ventilation in the bathroom, we can also open that window real wide and get some fresh air in real fast. On the other hand, the kitchen window out the back of the MLE may be a visual plus at certain sites for sure.
    9 - We did like the pantry and the dinette on the MLE, but all of the items mentioned above were more important to us than the pantry and dinette.
    There is a good chance that our interests are not the same as others, but those were our thoughts.
    Good luck in your decision making!
    I realized I never replied thanking you for your reply. The information you provided was very helpful. I was almost set on the RBE, but ended up deciding to go a little larger and bought the 2600RB. The pros are I get the dinette that I can work from when needed as well as theater seating like in the MLE and I get the bedroom with a door and larger bathroom like in the RBE, an extra sleeping space, and many large windows. The downsides are longer/heavier, the windows are not on the campsite side, and you have to put the slide out a few inches to get into the bedroom. I’ll be picking it up Saturday.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick05 View Post
    I realized I never replied thanking you for your reply. The information you provided was very helpful. I was almost set on the RBE, but ended up deciding to go a little larger and bought the 2600RB. The pros are I get the dinette that I can work from when needed as well as theater seating like in the MLE and I get the bedroom with a door and larger bathroom like in the RBE, an extra sleeping space, and many large windows. The downsides are longer/heavier, the windows are not on the campsite side, and you have to put the slide out a few inches to get into the bedroom. I’ll be picking it up Saturday.
    I like that floor plan but if was to heavy for our TV.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I like that floor plan but if was to heavy for our TV.

It is a spacious floor plan. It is heavier than I wanted to go, but still within the range of my TV. I went back and forth on whether I wanted to go that big for a few weeks before deciding. I’ll see how it tows with the Husky hitch this weekend.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    We choose the 22mle, the selling point for us was walk around bed and it can be 100 % used when the slide is closed. Loved the kitchen space and open concept and storage space. Having a dinette and theater sitting is a bonus. Your tv capabilities should have a huge impact on your decision. Check payload, and gcvwr....
    New to the forum!
    Wow, looks like you are rocking the MLE22 with a 2020 Ford F150 2.7EB! We just bought the exact same Ford but with the 3.73 ratio which increases tow capacity to 8900lbs. And my #1 contender for our RV upgrade ( from Cherokee Wolfpup 16 BHS 21.5ft) is the MLE22! Only contender is the Transcend XPLOR 200MK. But the MLE22 seems to offer so much more (love the recliners AND the dinette and the rear kitchen looks epic).

Two questions for your decision on the MLE22 - The bathroom 'retractable sheet' shower door - any problems? Seems so cheap compared to some other solutions, like the Rockwood Mini-lite sliding clamshell design.
    Also - how is the 2.7EB in the mountains? I'm in BC, so lots of mountain passes. Any struggles engine/truckwise with the MLE22?
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendwal View Post
    New to the forum!
    Wow, looks like you are rocking the MLE22 with a 2020 Ford F150 2.7EB! We just bought the exact same Ford but with the 3.73 ratio which increases tow capacity to 8900lbs. And my #1 contender for our RV upgrade ( from Cherokee Wolfpup 16 BHS 21.5ft) is the MLE22! Only contender is the Transcend XPLOR 200MK. But the MLE22 seems to offer so much more (love the recliners AND the dinette and the rear kitchen looks epic).

Two questions for your decision on the MLE22 - The bathroom 'retractable sheet' shower door - any problems? Seems so cheap compared to some other solutions, like the Rockwood Mini-lite sliding clamshell design.
    Also - how is the 2.7EB in the mountains? I'm in BC, so lots of mountain passes. Any struggles engine/truckwise with the MLE22?
    Thanks!

We were leery of that shower door too.....but so far, so good. It does work pretty good; just be careful when you latch it open, that you don't bump it as will really slam closed... That will wake you up, other than that it works great. We have had our trailer for about 10 months and it works real well for us. Not sure about your Ford, but my GMC hardly knows its there....

Roger
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to the forum!

Thanks!
    Hi Brendal, we've had no issues with the curtain or door. Actually love that the door slides and isn't in the way. Couple of years, we had rented a Jayco that had the clam shell type doors and they would often detract. Might be different type. Because of Covid, we've only been traveling in ON and QC. Now, our mountains are hills compared to yours but on our second last trip in QC the first site had no hook up so we were packed with a full fresh tank and encountered some good "hills". The 2.7EB just keeps on impressing me. We love have both a dinette and recliners and really love the kitchen. Oh and all the storage. Hard to believe that 2 can be in the kitchen and still have room in a 22ft trailer. Another big plus for us is that 100% of the tt is functional with the slide in.
    Let me know if you have anymore questions. I've got scale numbers in 2 different post if your interested. Just do a search for my name and you should be able to find them.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to the forum!

Thanks!
    We traded our Rockwood Mini-Lite for a 22mle. No problems with the Rockwood, solid TT, but the shower on our 2018 was cramped and there were reports by a few others that their glass doors shattered into hundreds of pieces. Some reported it happening during transport, others said they discovered it after being in hot storage.

For that reason and because we felt cramped we removed the glass doors, put them in our basement then added a shower curtain. When we traded we simply replaced the glass doors. One other minor detail; the shower was high so we eventually got a step to reduce the chance of slipping when stepping down.

The 22mle checked off several things for us including a decent size shower, lower floor and no glass doors. The sheet slider is light and requires some attention closing/opening but we’ve not had any issues so far. Be gentle, it is made of light material.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So cool to see so many people with nearly the same exact setup as me. Makes me feel more confident in my choice.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789