User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Just curious.....does adding the 8K axles also increase the traditional 20K GVWR to a higher number....or did you notice?
    I did ask lance the GD rep for my area that very question, he said that unless you change out the pin box it would still be 20k, however many on here disagree and say it adds 1k. When I pick it up Monday I'll take a picture and post it for you and others to see.
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the other sandbox one of the GD reps said that on the Solitudes with the standard 16800 GVWR that it would increase to 18000 if ordered with the 8K axles, nice. Guess that answers the question of will the frame itself handle more weight. I'm not sure about the Momentums though, you do run up against that max pin box rating on them.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    In the other sandbox one of the GD reps said that on the Solitudes with the standard 16800 GVWR that it would increase to 18000 if ordered with the 8K axles, nice. Guess that answers the question of will the frame itself handle more weight. I'm not sure about the Momentums though, you do run up against that max pin box rating on them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	momentum title.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	27546

just got this copy of my title clearly states 20k
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm that's interesting Rockdaddy, guess the rep didn't have all the correct info before posting. It seems crazy that they would increase the carrying ability that much and then not increase the GVWR, maybe Lippert is afraid to.
    Just a minor point but that's not the title, it's the MSO or manufactures original certificate of origin. That's what gets turned in to whatever state you register it in. New cars have the exact same document.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 06-25-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Hmm that's interesting Rockdaddy, guess the rep didn't have all the correct info before posting. It seems crazy that they would increase the carrying ability that much and then not increase the GVWR, maybe Lippert is afraid to.
    my GD guy said that it was because of the pin box rating

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
    I am positive that the pin box is rated at 21K

Did you happen to look at yours?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that makes sense then. My Solitude came with the 20K rated Rotoflex box and I "upgraded" it to the 18K rated MorRyde box that they use now. It does tow smoother but I was a little worried about the lower weight rating. That also proves that the Solitudes can go to 18K GVWR with 8K axles then because the MorRyde box is rated at that. Enjoy the new rig by the way!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I am positive that the pin box is rated at 21K

Did you happen to look at yours?
    I did not, but even so the title is gonna be pretty much it even if you do tons more stuff to it the title is whats official

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did ask lance the GD rep for my area that very question, he said that unless you change out the pin box it would still be 20k, however many on here disagree and say it adds 1k. When I pick it up Monday I'll take a picture and post it for you and others to see.
    Hmm, I wonder what pin box they are using now? My 2018 has a MorRyde 1621 on it and it's rated for 21,000 lbs.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not, but even so the title is gonna be pretty much it even if you do tons more stuff to it the title is whats official
    I understand that,,, I am just trying to understand why they would not increase the GVWR if the Pin box is in fact 21K
    I do not think it is the frame,. There is another brand that uses 12" I beams as well and it has a 24K GVWR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast