User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Similar story here! Our rig sat with the dealer for over 3 weeks after it arrived because they were short staffed and couldn’t line up a tech for the walkthrough. I was also surprised to see the H rated tires. We picked it up yesterday and all good so far. Good luck with yours!
    3 weeks, I would have gone crazy lol
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Just curious.....does adding the 8K axles also increase the traditional 20K GVWR to a higher number....or did you notice?
    So my title says 20k, GD CS says 20k but the sticker outside says 21k and I have a lippert pinbox 21k not sure if that is standard or a further upgrade that comes with 8k axles
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
    So my title says 20k, GD CS says 20k but the sticker outside says 21k and I have a lippert pinbox 21k not sure if that is standard or a further upgrade that comes with 8k axles
    Wow, they need to get that straightened out, but of course, the sticker on the side of the trailer would be what I would go by. As far as the pinbox, my 2018 Momentum 394 has the 1621 pinbox and it too is rated at 21,000 lbs.....so it sounds like you are good to go if you choose to load it that heavy!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Just curious.....does adding the 8K axles also increase the traditional 20K GVWR to a higher number....or did you notice?
    yes the sticker on the outside says 21k

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes the sticker on the outside says 21k
    We just ordered our 2022 Momentum 351M-R and the H-Rated tires are standard. The only way to increase CCC on any of these is the 8K axles, which takes the double axle from 16,800 to 18,800 and the triple axle goes to 21K ccc. The Tires do not add capacity only the axle upgrade does.
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 351M-R
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 White Crew Cab Short Box 6.6 Duramax Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pin box has a sticker on it stating Max GVW 20,000.

You will be happy with the H rated tires.

After having a bunch of suspension issues I have developed the philosophy that more is better. The problem is that there are many roads in poor condition. When you start driving down them your suspension system gets hammered. I love the fact that GD is now offering a heavier suspension system. I spent $6000 on my first 5th wheel and $4000 on this one to get the suspension beefed up. And still has had some failures (spring hangers).

Safe travels!
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic news that tires are non-Chinese brand. Would love to hear how they last.

Dealer called and they said my new 395m had just showed up but it was gonna be 5 days before delivery, because they were so busy and they don't deliver on the weekend, but DW and I just had to go look anyways. when I got there i looked at many things the tire upgrade package as well, I was more than a little surprised that the new cooper tires were 215 75R 17.5 load range H and yeah they look pretty beefy they have an L speed rating (75 mph) and a max weight rating of 4850 per tire that's like a little over 29,000 lbs capacity with a max air pressure of 120PSI. Time will tell how they do.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Fantastic news that tires are non-Chinese brand. Would love to hear how they last.
    I have about 9k on them so far and I am very pleased I keep them about 115 psi, I had the tires balanced and they look almost new, extremely smooth wear no cupping no flat spots. I feel that these were well worth the price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123