User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GNP--East Entrances Closed For 2020

https://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/...ACBegTy1IZKbZc

Well, if you were planning on Glacier National Park this summer, hopefully, you have an alternate plan. Especially if you're staying on the east side. We've been staying at the KOA in St Mary for years and before that we stayed on my mom's property just up the road. Not sure what our plans are now. And two weeks before we were to leave.
    Bill & Rachel
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW
    2023 Host Everest
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL—( No longer own ).

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no worse than during a bad fire season. Entrances from the West (West Glacier, North Fork, etc) are still open...Going to the Sun Road will open once it's fully plowed....Services are slowly being reopened. Not ideal, but still worth the trip.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have land north of the KOA. We just got permission from the Covid 19 Incident Command to drive up there and setup our trailer. We have Honda generators and have dry camped many times. We haven't used this property to camp up to now mainly because I wasn't comfortable taking our trailer up there--I am now. My wife prefers full hookups not dry camping Previous years we have gone up there and worked on clearing trees and brush and cutting a road in.

As for going into GNP, I could do without the crowds on the west side this year. I've read some ranger reports and it's really bad. I'll work on my land and visit family on the east side.
    Bill & Rachel
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW
    2023 Host Everest
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL—( No longer own ).