User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetussnow View Post
    You also don’t have to re register them for 5 years either.
    It's almost like some states WANT you to do the "Montana LLC" thing. So silly.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You don't even want to know how badly my dealership bumbled our registration... Their local PA store took the responsibility to register because "they knew the process" versus having the NY HQ do it... Well, the PA store just opened and they were clueless!!! Took me months to get straightened out and made whole, but I didn't lose out on use like you are.

It's just not RV dealers when dealing with out of State registrations either. I bought a vehicle from the largest, oldest dealership in Baltimore, MD. Traded in a vehicle with same class plate and registration. Should have been a $15 transfer fee. The sent me a bill for $425!!!! No-one at the dealer or tag agent actually read my registration to transfer. Issued a new 1 year. I had a paid 5 year with 4 years left. Tried to tell me I was mistaken and turned me to their collections. Prepared everything for my lawyer, who put it on letterhead along with his invoice, and a week later received a certified envelope with a check to refund the unused registration and to cover the lawyer's bill. The utter incompetence of "professionals" working in their non-communicating silos is something I despise and has become proliferate in the 2000s!

OP, does the dealer not have any leverage with NH to correct THEIR mistake? Always emphasize in your communications that this was THEIR mistake - gives great legal footing when that notice is made from "go."
    This tip is for Pennsylvania residents but for those in other states it's worth a try. Any Pa state representative or senator has the ability to assist a constituent with vehicle registration. If you have your title (which I did ) visit, in my case the state senator, and ask them to help get the title registered and a license plate issued. They will do the courier duties and the only fees charged are those required by the state. My plate and new 5 year registration were at the office in three days.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So today I we went over to our town police HQ and explained to him the situation. He said just carry all my paperwork including the DMV reservation slip and I’ll be fine.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Hi all – I’d like to share our registration experience as a heads up to others. . . .

We signed all the paperwork for our new Solitude on June 6 at a large dealership in New Hampshire. Right after signing is when they conveniently informed us that due to the service department backlog, they can’t schedule a demo/walk thru until June 24.

All went well with the demo on June 24 until they informed me the 20-day temporary NH plate was issued for when we signed all the paperwork on June 6. So basically we picked up the unit on June 24 and the plate expires 2 days later on June 26 (today). I thought no big deal, I’ll just go stand in line at the Rhode Island DMV to pick up the RI plates.

Well, turns out RI DMV is by appointment only due to covid and the earliest I can book is July 20! The RI DMV told me that "most law enforcement are probably giving people a break" which doesn't give me much assurance when driving around with expired plates.

NH no longer is granting extensions for their 20-day plates and cannot issue me a new one.

RI only issues temp plates for RI dealers.

Had I known, what I should have done is book an appointment for the DMV back on June 6 (or earlier).

The good news is we got it home and everything is working fine so far. If our demo would have been scheduled for next week, it’s likely I’d have to leave it at the dealer until I got back up there with my RI plates. We ordered this unit in December with a planned late-April delivery. Due to the factory shut down, it didn't get delivered till early June. I suppose we've waited this long so what's another few weeks. . . . ?

Hope this helps others avoid this headache!

Same thing happened to us when we purchased our rig in early March, just took all my paper work with us, drove with expired tags and no inspection for two months in VA.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do your shakedown voyage on the driveway. Pull out the awning and have bubbly. Congratulations on your new purchase

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We heard a tip to check the DMV website each night after 10pm because that’s when they refresh the appointment scheduling and any cancellations will show up then. So I did that a few days ago, found an opening and now I have my plates. I’m all legal now.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere that Florida announced due to office closures etc, that it has extended all registrations and license dates for 60 days after the expiration date due to COVID.

This is what I found on their web site

Last edited by Jerryr; 07-02-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for discussing the DMV/licensing/registration issues.

We’ve actually been traveling since 2017 carrying our annual registration and inspection stickers in our paperwork bag in the truck. We’ve been out of state each year but we’ve never been stopped.

This thread reminded me that my license expires this year (Oct), so I went to NYS DMV to check out policy. Of course, with closures, this WILL be the year they want the eye test! If the renewal arrives and I do have to go in to read the lowest line, I’ve got an appointment for Sept. 28th.

NYS policy is: Stay in your county for DMV business; Refer to your county’s website for appointments; Use USPS or local DMV dropbox whenever possible.

In March and April our local DMV were trying to use drive through only. The line of cars (about 50-75) snaked through an adjacent parking lot! Shortly after noticing that, they closed altogether. They only reopened recently-we noticed all the doors on the back of the building wide open. Guess they needed to air out.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12