Thread: TV - how big?!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV - how big?!

Hi all,

Just bought a Reflection 367 and will be living in it full time. Question for everyone - how big of a Smart TV can we put in this thing? The small TCL just won't cut it for full-time living.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_mcclearys View Post
    Hi all,

Just bought a Reflection 367 and will be living in it full time. Question for everyone - how big of a Smart TV can we put in this thing? The small TCL just won't cut it for full-time living.
    Hopefully, someone who has measured that space can help you, but just looking at the 360 view online, it looks like the TV just fits into the space under the cupboard/above the counter there. Unless you want to keep it extended, you could be limited on how much bigger you can get.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always questioned why manufacturers are putting such large TVs in RVs these days. Our Solitude came with a 50" TCL Roku TV (on a "televator") - even bigger than the Samsung we had in the stix 'n brix and a couple of inches larger than the Samsung smart TV I installed in our Reflection 337. The living spaces in RVs aren't that big!. That said, if you want to go bigger (and likely heavier), think about the backing and mount and whether or not it will take the extra weight bouncing down the road.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I've always questioned why manufacturers are putting such large TVs in RVs these days. Our Solitude came with a 50" TCL Roku TV (on a "televator") - even bigger than the Samsung we had in the stix 'n brix and a couple of inches larger than the Samsung smart TV I installed in our Reflection 337. The living spaces in RVs aren't that big!. That said, if you want to go bigger (and likely heavier), think about the backing and mount and whether or not it will take the extra weight bouncing down the road.

Rob
    Rob - I know you are probably aware of the various formulas used to calculate viewing distance and TV size. The formulas also take into account resolution and other factors. In our floor plans we sit about 10 feet (eyes from screen) in the theater seating so a 60" TV +/- is recommended. Could the formuas be slanted to sell bigger TVs......sure. Younger folks want bigger and we older folks maybe not so much. Personally, I would go bigger too......easier on the eyes I think !

Here's the link to Tom's site: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/choose-...ews-24708.html

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Hopefully, someone who has measured that space can help you, but just looking at the 360 view online, it looks like the TV just fits into the space under the cupboard/above the counter there. Unless you want to keep it extended, you could be limited on how much bigger you can get.
    Being that this is our first trailer, I wasn't sure how feasible it would be to leave it extended. You're absolutely right, though - if it's to sit flush in the space provided we can't go much bigger.

I guess I was just curious if anyone was going bigger and leaving it extended.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    Any idea what the load rating is for the backers/framing? Not seeing any specs in our owners manual.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being that this is our first trailer, I wasn't sure how feasible it would be to leave it extended. You're absolutely right, though - if it's to sit flush in the space provided we can't go much bigger. I guess I was just curious if anyone was going bigger and leaving it extended.
    We have a big TCL TV on a televator and I would NOT leave it extended during travel.

I've worked around it (installing a sound bar) and IMO like most everything in these trailers it's built on a just-good-enough basis. I would not want a 30+ pound TV waggling around up high as we went down the road.

Just another internet opinion.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea what the load rating is for the backers/framing? Not seeing any specs in our owners manual.

No idea - and it probably varies by RV model. Which RV do you have and what size TV does it have in it now?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea - and it probably varies by RV model. Which RV do you have and what size TV does it have in it now?

Rob
    We just bought a 2021 Reflection 367, and it's got a 40" TCL

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a 2021 Reflection 367, and it's got a 40" TCL

If it were me, I would see what the 40" TCL weighs and wouldn't go heavier (or change mounts) without reinforcing the backing or talking with GD.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015