User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar Prewire

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is if your batteries are on the tongue and the panels have built in controllers...you just need to hook up to the batteries somehow and ignore any prewire setup?
    My prewire setup went from the roof to near the battery area where I just added a controller, but mine is a 5W...good luck.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow up, I did find the pre wire junction box tucked up inside the pass thru area.
    If I need it I know where it is now.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    My guess is if your batteries are on the tongue and the panels have built in controllers...you just need to hook up to the batteries somehow and ignore any prewire setup?
    My prewire setup went from the roof to near the battery area where I just added a controller, but mine is a 5W...good luck.
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask but..... since the trailer is prewired for solar does that mean the converter is an inverter/converter?
    Thanks. Also what converter comes with the trailer?
    Kathy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, it doesn't mean that at all. Not sure what unit you have, but it probably just has the normal converter in addition to 2 solar wires and connectors on the roof.
    If you have the papers that came with the trailer, that would be where the clues are.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solar Prewire

I just finished installing a 100W solar panel on our 303RLS. There is a small black cover on the roof across from the bathroom vent. It has two solar connectors already attached to the wires that run down into the battery compartment. My panel came with additional wire with connectors that I attached before going up on the roof. I had to destroy one of the connectors locks in order to use the connectors minus the extension wires that I had already attached.

Nothing but the pre-Wired solar plugs on my rig. Added my own inverter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by flynaz; 09-13-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12