Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design Imagine 2670 MK

Good Morning Folks!

Well, step one in our RV dream is now complete - I recently purchased a new 2019 Ram 3500. Now for the RV!! We have our eye on the GD 2670MK, though we have not seen one in person, yet. They seem limited in this area (around Seattle).

My question is, and this is open to anyone more experiences than we are - and thats most of you. When we go to the GD website and we do the Build and Price option - is that the actual price to be paid or is it negotiable. Now I know some will say everything is negotiable.... Im wondering how much?

We selected this model cause it seems to suit all our needs, at least for a first time camper, for folks who have never done this before!! We aren't afraid to buy a newer used RV - but a little concerned about buying someone else's problems. If you know what I mean?

I was recently laid off and planned to work a few more years. I just turned 65, but not really sure I'm "fully" retired yet. But who knows. As I'm now unemployed, I have no income. I do have a nice severance package. I paid cash for the truck, including my trade in - and I will need to to same most likely for the RV.

I'm hoping (or perhaps I'm dreaming) tot be able to drive away with this RV for no more than $35K. Is this feasible, or am I dreaming? Obviously I want the best deal I can get.

Or plan is to live in it perhaps for a year or so, until I determine if Im retired, or if I find the right job, I may go back to work. I'd like to hold off on drawing SS, and live on our savings, small pension and VA Disability.

We will be moving from the Northwest and moving to Florida in late August, and taking our time doing so. We will have more questions as we progress - how do we handle mail, Are there TV options, besides satellite, and basic how to's.

This has been a great source of info - and now its time too oic your brains - as we are getting closer to our dream!!

Thanks in advance for your information!
    Steve

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. We just recently purchase a 22mle. A little smaller then yours. Lol but we are still weekend warriors. I and a lot of other folks here, were ready and have driven long ways to get the rig they wanted at a dealer and price they wanted. We ended up buying 1.5 hrs away but had found a deal which was 6hrs away and willing to go. Get the floor plan that you want. From what I've heard here people are able to get 30% off MSRP. This should give you an idea.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We really like ours. Many talk about 30% off of list. Plan for 25%, and hope you can do better. A significant part of the cost is in getting the trailer from the factory to your dealer.
    Normally the second AC is not critical, but if you really will be going to Fla., then get it!
    Also worth it to replace the ceiling unit in the kitchen with a better Fantastic Fan or other that you can regulate the speed on. Don't get the one that closes automatically in the rain, instead get a cover for the vent that allows it to be open with the fan running, yet shields it from rain.
    The trailer can tend to be too light on the tongue, which results in sway. No idea if they have addressed this in later models. Others report good towing with an Equal-I-zer or Blue Ox hitch. But many of us went the full distance, and got the ProPride hitch. But it is major $$. It 100% eliminates any potential towing issues.
    You can run the whole trailer off of 30 amp campground connections (with an adaptor), except for the 2nd AC.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    We really like ours. Many talk about 30% off of list. Plan for 25%, and hope you can do better. A significant part of the cost is in getting the trailer from the factory to your dealer.
    Normally the second AC is not critical, but if you really will be going to Fla., then get it!
    Also worth it to replace the ceiling unit in the kitchen with a better Fantastic Fan or other that you can regulate the speed on. Don't get the one that closes automatically in the rain, instead get a cover for the vent that allows it to be open with the fan running, yet shields it from rain.
    The trailer can tend to be too light on the tongue, which results in sway. No idea if they have addressed this in later models. Others report good towing with an Equal-I-zer or Blue Ox hitch. But many of us went the full distance, and got the ProPride hitch. But it is major $$. It 100% eliminates any potential towing issues.
    You can run the whole trailer off of 30 amp campground connections (with an adaptor), except for the 2nd AC.
    Can you please explain what you mean by "A significant part of the cost is in getting the trailer from the factory to your dealer."? And yes, we really are headed back to Fla. the 2nd ac is partly to ensure the rig stays cool - front to back. But also, if one should break down, we'd have a back up till we can the the broken one fixed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sande005 - I guess you mean delivery fee's we pay for delivering the rv from Manufacturing site, I assume Indiana to wherever the location its bought?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pencka View Post
    sande005 - I guess you mean delivery fee's we pay for delivering the rv from Manufacturing site, I assume Indiana to wherever the location its bought?
    Yes, that is what I meant. Hiring a hauling company to drive to Washington from Indiana naturally cost a lot more than Indiana to, say, Iowa.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Yes, that is what I meant. Hiring a hauling company to drive to Washington from Indiana naturally cost a lot more than Indiana to, say, Iowa.
    Thanks!! Just want to be sure there wasn't some other expense, unknown to us.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my next question, and this may sound as if I'm out of my mind, but that's why Im asking..... I'm having a difficult time locating a GD Imagine 2670MK in the local area, @ 100 miles. I have found a couple dealers that have them on order - but it doesn't seem they have any idea when they will arrive at their dealership. I have no problem putting some money down to hold one so that we can see it, but we want that refundable - in case we don't care for it once we actually see it, or if we can't come to terms. One other caveat to all this - we need to be on our way home by late August.

Now for the part that may seem like I'm out of my mind. I found the RV - and the price shown is @ $10K less than those I've found locally (though on order). However, this rig is nearly 1000 miles away. What are our options? What would you do? My DW thinks I am out of my mind to drive 1000 miles - LOL!! Am I????

I've made no contact yet, with this dealer yet. Obviously I need to confirm it is in fact available. Negotiate a price to include the addition of the 2nd AC, I agree with the addition of the Fantastic Fans. Any other options that should be required for initial purchase?? What tires should I require? Brakes? IDK - this is all new to us. I suspect at some point I/we will want a couple solar panels. What needs to be on the rig to make that option easier to add later?? What about Batteries??? How many do we need right off the bat? What kind/ How are they charged, if we don't have solar to start with?? Are we missing anything?

If the more local dealers have them on order, should we just wait and negotiate on them? Any idea how long it should take for them to arrive here (weeks, or months)?? We obviously don't have months??

Apologies for so many questions!!

Thanks!
    Steve

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pencka View Post
    So my next question, and this may sound as if I'm out of my mind, but that's why Im asking..... I'm having a difficult time locating a GD Imagine 2670MK in the local area, @ 100 miles. I have found a couple dealers that have them on order - but it doesn't seem they have any idea when they will arrive at their dealership. I have no problem putting some money down to hold one so that we can see it, but we want that refundable - in case we don't care for it once we actually see it, or if we can't come to terms. One other caveat to all this - we need to be on our way home by late August.

Now for the part that may seem like I'm out of my mind. I found the RV - and the price shown is @ $10K less than those I've found locally (though on order). However, this rig is nearly 1000 miles away. What are our options? What would you do? My DW thinks I am out of my mind to drive 1000 miles - LOL!! Am I????

I've made no contact yet, with this dealer yet. Obviously I need to confirm it is in fact available. Negotiate a price to include the addition of the 2nd AC, I agree with the addition of the Fantastic Fans. Any other options that should be required for initial purchase?? What tires should I require? Brakes? IDK - this is all new to us. I suspect at some point I/we will want a couple solar panels. What needs to be on the rig to make that option easier to add later?? What about Batteries??? How many do we need right off the bat? What kind/ How are they charged, if we don't have solar to start with?? Are we missing anything?

If the more local dealers have them on order, should we just wait and negotiate on them? Any idea how long it should take for them to arrive here (weeks, or months)?? We obviously don't have months??

Apologies for so many questions!!

Thanks!
    Steve
    If you have already been in one and you are 100% that that is the one then personally I would drive the 1000 miles and make a trip out of it. WDH is a must have, the rest can be done later. Maybe add maxxfan covers. But that's me. You can maybe contact GD and explain your situation, maybe they have a better idea on which dealer will get that model and when. I would also plan a 4 day shakedown around that dealer. But again, that's my opinion, I'm not convinced my DW would agree. The price would definitely have to be right though.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    If you have already been in one and you are 100% that that is the one then personally I would drive the 1000 miles and make a trip out of it. WDH is a must have, the rest can be done later. Maybe add maxxfan covers. But that's me. You can maybe contact GD and explain your situation, maybe they have a better idea on which dealer will get that model and when. I would also plan a 4 day shakedown around that dealer. But again, that's my opinion, I'm not convinced my DW would agree. The price would definitely have to be right though.

That's part of my dilemma - I have not seen one in person. We've obviously seen lots of on line video, floor plan, GD site info on the unit. But would obviously like to see it, touch it, and know this is the one, or the one we want to invest in, as our first step into this adventure. As I said, we're new ot his - I'm gonna take a stab that WDH = Weight Distribution Hitch. That is a given - tho still researching. At Post #3 , Sande005, noted 3 options, with one that really looks like an awesome choice, but at nearly $3K - yikes!!! Surely there are great options for 1/2 that price?

Thanks for your input!!

Steve

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast