Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Attachment 27640
    Here is a quote I received earlier this year
    Wow!! Thanks for sharing that info - but did you pay the $31 or $42K?

Steve

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pencka View Post
    Wow!! Thanks for sharing that info - but did you pay the $31 or $42K?

Steve
    Neither, we went with a 2970RL instead. the $31K was the actual selling price of that (2670) unit in the Minneapolis/St Paul market place at that time. With current nationwide inventory shortages, I am not sure what the current pricing might be. Best wishes, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome.
    I use the Equalizer, and have no issues with reaching 12% tongue weight.... In fact last trip was worried DW had set me up to be overweight.
    We got our 2020 for $32k (Aug2019) including east coast delivery, 2nd AC, and the Equalizer.
    We've spent a bunch since then...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at Dealer web sites and RV Trader for the 2670MK, locally and nationwide. In my immediate area, +/- 100 miles, I see them @ $42K+, which I won't be able to do. Then I've seen some say 800 miles away and they're $31-32K - which is right where I want to be.

I'm wondering if its worth my while to negotiate with that distant dealer, or wait for these rigs to arrive closer to home and see if they come closer to my terms? I understand no one can answer that question, and all I can do it ask - see what happens, I guess. But it is good to know that the dream is still alive. I just hope we can get this worked out soon!

Another question for those of you with more experience - with a 2019 Ram 3500 towing a 2670MK, do you see a air bag suspension needed for my truck? We're new to RV'ing and its been a very long time since I've done any towing - so my experience is low.

Which is why I'm here - LOL!

Thanks!
    Steve

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    Welcome.
    I use the Equalizer, and have no issues with reaching 12% tongue weight.... In fact last trip was worried DW had set me up to be overweight.
    We got our 2020 for $32k (Aug2019) including east coast delivery, 2nd AC, and the Equalizer.

I like that overweight statement! I have a similar ailment - LOL!!
    Steve

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    Welcome.

I like that overweight statement! I have a similar ailment - LOL!!
    Steve

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at Dealer web sites and RV Trader for the 2670MK, locally and nationwide. In my immediate area, +/- 100 miles, I see them @ $42K+, which I won't be able to do. Then I've seen some say 800 miles away and they're $31-32K - which is right where I want to be.

I'm wondering if its worth my while to negotiate with that distant dealer, or wait for these rigs to arrive closer to home and see if they come closer to my terms? I understand no one can answer that question, and all I can do it ask - see what happens, I guess. But it is good to know that the dream is still alive. I just hope we can get this worked out soon!

Another question for those of you with more experience - with a 2019 Ram 3500 towing a 2670MK, do you see a air bag suspension needed for my truck? We're new to RV'ing and its been a very long time since I've done any towing - so my experience is low.

Thanks!
    Steve
    As Frank showed (we bought ours from the same dealer!) there is considerable room for negotiation. You are seeing what the dealers are listing at full mfg. price vs what others are showing at their asking price. Very likely, if you walked in the door of one nearby, their 42 would very, very quickly become in the 30's. Shipping to Washington will bump the price up a bit. If you have a set number, cash in hand, dealers are very prone to coming further down below their asking price to get close to your desired number. You can use quotes from others much further away as a negotiating tactic, if you are clear you have no qualms about driving for a better deal. It helps if you are 100% prepared to walk away if they don't get close enough. Some dealers are hard-and-fast on their final offer, some are much more flexible. Just like negotiating for a car, but the variation in the final price is even greater. Sometimes they don't come down below asking price, but will sweeten the deal by lowering the cost of add-ons. The sticking point, for you, is your timeline.

Unlikely you will need air bags. I have them on my F150 (from our old fifth), but never air them up. With a 3500, the odds are even lower. What is the payload capacity on the door sticker or the truck?

BTW - Gimpyknee notes a good point. If GD re-engineered to move the wheels back just a couple of inches, then the need for a ProPride to stop sway goes away. You might want to give GD a call, and talk to them about "I heard earlier models were too light on the tongue. What have you done in the latest models to correct that?" and see what they say.
    Last edited by sande005; 06-29-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    As Frank showed (we bought ours from the same dealer!) there is considerable room for negotiation. You are seeing what the dealers are listing at full mfg. price vs what others are showing at their asking price. Very likely, if you walked in the door of one nearby, their 42 would very, very quickly become in the 30's. Shipping to Washington will bump the price up a bit. If you have a set number, cash in hand, dealers are very prone to coming further down below their asking price to get close to your desired number. You can use quotes from others much further away as a negotiating tactic, if you are clear you have no qualms about driving for a better deal. It helps if you are 100% prepared to walk away if they don't get close enough. Some dealers are hard-and-fast on their final offer, some are much more flexible. Just like negotiating for a car, but the variation in the final price is even greater. Sometimes they don't come down below asking price, but will sweeten the deal by lowering the cost of add-ons. The sticking point, for you, is your timeline.

Unlikely you will need air bags. I have them on my F150 (from our old fifth), but never air them up. With a 3500, the odds are even lower. What is the payload capacity on the door sticker or the truck?

BTW - Gimpyknee notes a good point. If GD re-engineered to move the wheels back just a couple of inches, then the need for a ProPride to stop sway goes away. You might want to give GD a call, and talk to them about "I heard earlier models were too light on the tongue. What have you done in the latest models to correct that?" and see what they say.
    Again, great info!! I do intend to pay all cash, assuming the meet my budget.

Thanks again!

Steve

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    Steve
    The others have answered as far as prices from dealers and negotiating tips so I'll focus on your Ram truck question. I doubt you'll need any helper or air springs for your truck - the 1 ton's springs will be more than up to the task of towing a 2670MK. If you were contemplating a 5th wheel then you may look into rear spring supplements - but for the Imagine, spend your $'s on a good hitch (maybe a ProPride?) and other accessories. IMO you'll be fine.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    The others have answered as far as prices from dealers and negotiating tips so I'll focus on your Ram truck question. I doubt you'll need any helper or air springs for your truck - the 1 ton's springs will be more than up to the task of towing a 2670MK. If you were contemplating a 5th wheel then you may look into rear spring supplements - but for the Imagine, spend your $'s on a good hitch (maybe a ProPride?) and other accessories. IMO you'll be fine.

Bob
    Quite a number of folks really seem to prefer the ProPride!! I have looked into them - They ain't cheap!!! If my calculations are correct, I'd be looking at a 3P-800. Just wondering, and don't misinterpret this as a bottomless wallet, but would it be wiser for me to jump up to one of the heavier duty hitches (assuming I were to buy that hitch) like the 3P-1000? Just in case we decided in a year or two, or three that we wanted a bigger trailer, say jump up to a Reflection?? I guess what I'm saying is if I buy the heavier duty one now for a few hundred bucks now versus another $3K later.

Oh, and also - Would I buy the hitch thru the Trailer Dealer, or from ProPride and bring it with me at the time of TT purchase?

Thanks!
    Steve

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast