User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think anyone considering the hitch should go with ProPride. There is another, marketed as the Hensley Hitch. That company sometimes has reconditioned ones they have bought back from customers, and are selling at a discount. ProPride only deals with new. Hensley Hitch was named after the inventor, Jim Hensley. He licensed his design to them, and the owner of ProPride worked there for a number of years. So the base design concept is the same. But there was a falling out, and ProPride was started. Jim elected to sever ties with his namesake, and now authorizes ProPride only to produce his improved designs. Due to the agreements, the old company can keep producing/selling the old design. Both companies get good reviews. I know firsthand that the owner of ProPride (Sean) will talk to you directly about any install/setup questions you may have. Do some comparing, and shopping, to see if a less costly one is available vs. the improvements ProPride offers.

Edit: just saw the last post. The 2670MK will end up at about 900-950 on the tongue, so get the 1000 lb bars. So you would be good for both (I think - unsure of the real weight of the Reflection). While it would be additional, you can later get just the bars that handle the heavier weight, so not a big deal if you need to go bigger.
    For guestimates, figure the tongue weight of any trailer will be 12-13% of the Gross Vehicle Weight rating.

Most of us bought directly. It is a a multi-hour to most of a day job to install (if you are not a mechanic, which I am not), needing big torque wrenches, and other tools. It can involve some repositioning of things on the tongue. Dealers can order, and will install. But then you'll be paying $100-$150 per hour for the dealer to do it.
    Last edited by sande005; 06-30-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I may have found a GD Imagine 2670MK. I guess I'm going to have to mention what options I want on it to be included with the sale.

I want slide covers but wondering if one is needed for the one on the door side? I know the rig has one long awning on the door side, that also cover that one slide. Just wondering because there will be times when the main awning may not be deployed. Opinions??

I'm also going to ask if the fans are not Fantastic Fans, that they be installed. Ive heard negatives about the rain detectors not working and just get roof covers for them. Is this an accurate option request?

I'm al little concerned about the tires. No idea yet what are installed, and not sure if I need to be concerned with as they are new? But we have a long cross country trip from the PNW to Fl. and I want to be safe. Is this something to be addressed now or should I be OK for this inaugural trip on new tires.

Batteries? Not sure if one is enough, doubt I can afford lithium at this point, so what options do I have available - don't think one is enough. Cant guarantee we will be in a full service park each night, and I use a CPAP.

We want a booth rather than a table and chairs. I'm leaning towards a ProPride Hitch - is that something I buy on my own and bring with me? From the dealer? I'm not sure what its called, but there is a foldable rack that attached to the hitch in the back - for bikes, grills, etc. Is that something I should shop for elsewhere (better quality/options from 3rd part)?

Are there any other options we will need to consider, or something important I'm missing?

Finally, if we get to the point where we finalize a deal - I will be doing a pre closing inspection. Does someone from the dealer tag along, or do you do your insp. and document the list and they address???? How does that work? Or is it something that just varies??

Thanks!
    Steve

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pencka View Post
    Looks like I may have found a GD Imagine 2670MK. I guess I'm going to have to mention what options I want on it to be included with the sale.

I want slide covers but wondering if one is needed for the one on the door side? I know the rig has one long awning on the door side, that also cover that one slide. Just wondering because there will be times when the main awning may not be deployed. Opinions??

I'm also going to ask if the fans are not Fantastic Fans, that they be installed. Ive heard negatives about the rain detectors not working and just get roof covers for them. Is this an accurate option request?

I'm al little concerned about the tires. No idea yet what are installed, and not sure if I need to be concerned with as they are new? But we have a long cross country trip from the PNW to Fl. and I want to be safe. Is this something to be addressed now or should I be OK for this inaugural trip on new tires.

Batteries? Not sure if one is enough, doubt I can afford lithium at this point, so what options do I have available - don't think one is enough. Cant guarantee we will be in a full service park each night, and I use a CPAP.

We want a booth rather than a table and chairs. I'm leaning towards a ProPride Hitch - is that something I buy on my own and bring with me? From the dealer? I'm not sure what its called, but there is a foldable rack that attached to the hitch in the back - for bikes, grills, etc. Is that something I should shop for elsewhere (better quality/options from 3rd part)?

Are there any other options we will need to consider, or something important I'm missing?

Finally, if we get to the point where we finalize a deal - I will be doing a pre closing inspection. Does someone from the dealer tag along, or do you do your insp. and document the list and they address???? How does that work? Or is it something that just varies??

Thanks!
    Steve
    Good morning Steve, Frank again, I can address a couple of questions from personal experience but not all of your concerns. I thought I would need slide covers, but so far it only takes me a few minutes to check and clear any accumulated debris. You can do this with a ladder or climb up on the roof or use a home made drag with a piece of carpet. My 2670 came with powered fans in the bath and over the sink. if I would have kept it,. I would have installed a Maxi Fan in the bedroom. We have never camped in "Hot & Humid" locations, only hot. (Utah & Ariz) We were never uncomfortable with the stock rig. We did put vent covers on all vents. With 15K+ miles on Westlake tires, no issues. The 2670 only grosses out at about 8500#. Maintain your air pressure and monitor temps just to be sure. I did the table & chairs in my 2970 and did not see that issue coming, with four people seated, two chairs are half on and half off the carpeting. Enough height difference to make it uncomfortable. You are wise to stick with the booth seating. Also, the booth seating offers storage to mitigate the 300#difference in weight between the fridge side and non fridge of the rig. If you go with ProPride, buy direct and install it yourself. There are videos and great support from Sean and staff at ProPride. As far as any kind of rack on the rear bumper, I would check with Grand Design about that. The Imagine travel trailers are pretty light rigs and the bumpers are not that robust. From another post, you asked about airbags. I have a RAM 2500, with lighter suspension than your 3500. When I put 1300+ pounds of tongue weight on it, the RAM just giggles. You should be fine. With proper weight distribution the truck and trailer ride level without any upgrades to the stock suspension. My two PDIs were done with a dealer rep and issues were dealt with on the spot. Nothing serious was found. The only option I would suggest is the Solid Step if it is not now standard. Best wishes and enjoy. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a MK last year and we really like it. I tow it with a 2019 Ram 1500. It was set up to tow but I think a 2500 or 3500 would be better if we were full timers.

As for the MK, I put dual batteries and some maxx air vents. I installed a rear camera and some interior knickknacks, but not much else.

As others mentioned, the trailer swayed pretty bad with an E2 hitch. I had some white knuckle moments on our first trip. I played with all the variables and got it to tow fair, but never good. I have owned a few different setups.

I bought a used propride on CL for 1200.00 and it tows great. With the E2, 60-62mph was max without a problem. With the PP, it’s 70mph no prob.

The quality of the trailer is pretty good, I’ve had to do some minor trim and interior molding repair. There is some corrosion on the undercarriage, but mostly springs and fittings you have to check. Everything else works great. The fridge is a little small, but not too bad. I got the dual air option and it definitely helps in hot weather.

My out the door price here in CA was right at 34k, but our tax and license fees are ridiculous. I think it was around 29.5 w/o fees.

I got it from a dealer in Nipomo, CA who claims their prices are lower. I did look around and they were about 2k cheaper than others. Their customer service was fair, but I think the GD factory support is good. I did two warranty claims and GD took care of it. One was a drawer that the dealer broke and a screen door replacement.

It’s a great trailer for two people. Very comfy and a good layout.

Good Luck!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the same model sight unseen. There is a larger model that can give you an idea of what it looks like, has a couch in place of a desk. One thing I did not think of is that to access the refrigerator for loading you must extend the smaller slide out. Not a big deal but you need to do that! Also, we live in Arizona, so went with two ac units. If you plan on camping where it is warmer... go with two units. We learned this from our previous rig. Spend the extra money... will have no regrets!

Also, price is negotiable. We went to a “dealer” show and they worked a deal to get us into one. We went there not intending to buy yet but walked out with an order! Saved about 9k off list. One word of caution... the prices on the internet do not include a delivery and set up fee. Need to ask because that is most likely not negotiable and depends on your region. I would ask about deals with hitches at the dealer... shopped around and found the dealer had the best deal for a hitch. We also purchased a furion rear and side cameras for towing. Glad we did, dealer gave us a good deal including installation. The side cameras were extra but they installed. Wireless and connect to existing side lights for power. Rear camera setup was already there, just needed to buy the camera.

Enjoy! We enjoy ours!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need slide cover on door side, I did have one installed on the other side.
    Tires are roll the dice, I stayed with supplied Westlake, kinda wish I had upgraded though.
    Battery is probably OK for most.
    Fan in kitchen needs upgraded wish I had done that.
    Get the Pro-ride it will add very little to payments. Wish I had done that also, my 2670MK needs full fresh water tank and as much weight as I can in storage compartment to not sway all over the place in high wind.
    For bike rack I installed a 2" receiver on bumper (kinda tricky) and use a light weight bike rack with RV designation. Not inexpensive.
    IF you are going to be in Florida for summers I would have a thermostat for bedroom AC installed, mine only has controls on AC unit, wish it was on a thermostat.
    Tim in NC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our 2970mk last August and have done 10 trips, 7 of which we boondocked with a generator. We have the blue ox sway pro and upped our bump stops on the ram 1500 and have not had issues. But this was our first trailer for what that is worth. It has worked well for the wife and two mid to large size dogs. When a kids stays we need to lower the table for a bed. Those days I wish I had the real living with couch but it was 2' longer and ~ 1000# heavier which was my bigger concern with a 1500. They also now have a rear den which looks nice but it is even longer. Now I'm looking at adding an inverter and lithium batteries to have power for some things when we are book docking but know I will need the generator for the ac (we only have one ac). It is great for two people but could get tight to live in as someone posted earlier and can get crowded with too much company. That is where the rear living would come in handy. Our list was $41k and we got it for $35 including hitch and extended warranty coverage that I'm not sure we needed but being new to it felt more comfortable getting it. It was right around $30 without hitch and coverage last Aug. I then spent about $3k on stuff with the generator being a chunk of that, extension cord to connect to the house, hoses, ...
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we're more in a pickle. Due to Corona virus and the GD plant shutdown - rigs, at least least the 2670MK are hard to find. I'm calling a dealer 800 miles from where we live. He tells me their list for theirs is $44K and on sale for $42k! I told him that was way more than I am willing to spend, which is @ $38, including the options we want. When he added those in, it pushed to near $50K!!!

I told him I would have to look elsewhere - that was way more than I intended to pay. I'm also paying cash, for what its worth - he didn't seem to think that was even a consideration. Anyway, he said we would talk tomorrow after the 4th holiday. So we'll see how this all comes about.

The local dealers all seem to believe the rig we want may be delivered mid-July, but at the moment, we're going to have to do some traveling, if we want one soon - so who knows.

The price he quoted me included quite a few things, including a hitch, 2nd AC, 4 batteries, boxes, slide covers, and upgraded fans. I'm prepared to knock off some of these items, so not should be interesting if we can come to terms!

Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too live in the Seattle area and found that the dealers here don’t want to negotiate much on price so we contacted a dealer in Idaho and they were around the 25% below MSRP price range. We made a deal with them over the phone and then went over and picked up our rig. It was worth the 300 mile drive. Later when the dealer here contacted me about buying a rig from him and I told him what I paid he said there was no way he could go that low and didn’t see how the other dealer could price it that low. We are now the proud owners of a 303RLS at a price we can live with.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Good Morning Folks!

Well, step one in our RV dream is now complete - I recently purchased a new 2019 Ram 3500. Now for the RV!! We have our eye on the GD 2670MK, though we have not seen one in person, yet. They seem limited in this area (around Seattle).

My question is, and this is open to anyone more experiences than we are - and thats most of you. When we go to the GD website and we do the Build and Price option - is that the actual price to be paid or is it negotiable. Now I know some will say everything is negotiable.... Im wondering how much?

We selected this model cause it seems to suit all our needs, at least for a first time camper, for folks who have never done this before!! We aren't afraid to buy a newer used RV - but a little concerned about buying someone else's problems. If you know what I mean?

I was recently laid off and planned to work a few more years. I just turned 65, but not really sure I'm "fully" retired yet. But who knows. As I'm now unemployed, I have no income. I do have a nice severance package. I paid cash for the truck, including my trade in - and I will need to to same most likely for the RV.

I'm hoping (or perhaps I'm dreaming) tot be able to drive away with this RV for no more than $35K. Is this feasible, or am I dreaming? Obviously I want the best deal I can get.

Or plan is to live in it perhaps for a year or so, until I determine if Im retired, or if I find the right job, I may go back to work. I'd like to hold off on drawing SS, and live on our savings, small pension and VA Disability.

We will be moving from the Northwest and moving to Florida in late August, and taking our time doing so. We will have more questions as we progress - how do we handle mail, Are there TV options, besides satellite, and basic how to's.

This has been a great source of info - and now its time too oic your brains - as we are getting closer to our dream!!

Thanks in advance for your information!
    Steve
    We looked at the 2670MK but DH saw the Reflection 315 RLTS. We’re going to be in it while we’re building a new home so we felt the 315 was more suitable for that (for us). We also live outside Seattle (Eastside in the Snoqualmie Valley). We priced all around WA, ID, OR and didn’t like the prices we were finding. We ended up dealing with PleasureLand in Minnesota! We got our unit with all our upgrades, dual pane windows, king bed, 2nd ducted A/C and maybe a couple other small items for LESS than a base unit at any of the dealers closer to home. That savings more that made up for the options and our trip to MN and back. We had a great experience and only 1 PDI (one small window that they could not get opened) item that Grand Design is handling thru a local mobile RV tech. We spent 1 night at a campground by PleasureLand and 3 nights on the way back to WA. Great experience all around. Don’t be afraid to travel for the right unit. 👍

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234