User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Midfla

How much to update info?

I just got an email requesting I update my info. This is for Grand Design, which this site is sponsorred by. Now how much are they going to pay me for this info? I ask since I am supposed to pay them to have full privliages from this site! I had heard they were very Customer freindly, asking to pay for a company sponsored web site is not exactly "Customer Freindly"!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Midfla, this site is not owned or sponsored by Grand Design. It is owned and operated by an individual that ask for site sponsorship to help him pay for all the expenses that come along with running a forum. The information that Grand Design Customer Service is asking for is your VIN so when you have questions or concerns about your coach, they will know which coach you purchased and can give you the information you requested. You do not have to give the requested information if you do not want.

Steve

By the way, don't you think if Grand Design owned or sponsored this site they would not let some of the post that down grade their product remain visible?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Midfla - There are some benefits to this site not being run, owned or operated by GD. If you have a problem with a GD product or a dealer's service, you know that the information you post will not be censored or filtered as long as the post meets the forum rules as defined by the owners/moderators.

However, even though the site is privately owned and operated, GD will still monitor the Tech Section and respond to questions when appropriate.

Jim

Midfla
    I registered my product with GD when I purchased it! If this is not a GD sponsored site why do they require an update? I am sorry, when I originally registered here, I was under the assumption this was a sponsored site! I was surprized when I was hit on to pay money to a company site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most private sites charge for membership...Twelve dollars a year seems pretty reasonable to me.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midfla—attached link below will take you to the forum member list for Chris, the owner of this site. Clicking on his blog tab will list two items covering why he started/runs this site and why GDRV is not a sponsor. His feelings are shared by many on this site to provide a forum for civil and constructive feedback, support, and questions to help GDRV owners and ultimately better the product/GDRV company and ultimately the RV industry. Hope this helps.

Dan

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...er.php/1-chris
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midfla View Post
    I registered my product with GD when I purchased it! If this is not a GD sponsored site why do they require an update?
    When you registered your Solitude with Grand Design I doubt you registered under the name of "Midfla". So when you ask a question in the Tech Corner of the Customer Service Rep, they have no idea who you are or what coach you bought. This information lets them know the exact coach you bought. Grand Design keeps a record of when, who, what, and everything else by VIN#. That's the only reason the Customer Service folks are requesting this info. Like I said earlier, you do not have to provide this information, but if you ever ask a question in the Tech Corner about your coach, Customer Service will want to know your VIN so they can research the exact set up of your coach.

Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I don't think I saw an email asking me to update but anyway how does one upgrade to a site sponsor?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good morning DKRITTER - Here's a link for you if you'd like to become a site sponsor.

Jim

http://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/payments.php

bc1iron
    Is there any other method of payment other than Pay Pal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast