Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USB Ports/Inverters

On our 303RLS there are two USB ports in the cubby shelf under the cabinet. Also there are two above the bed. Are these ports wired to the battery panel? They work great in keeping our phones charged without having to start the generator. We're thinking about adding a inverter to our rig so we will be even more generator free when boondocking, which is often. The suitcase solar panel(100w) we have from Renogy works great and keeps our batts up. We just need enough AC power to run our coffee pot and maybe the TV once in awhile(only when our Great President is speaking and of course when Tiger is playing golf). So any ideas on inverters would be greatly appreciated.
    Gerry & JoAnn Filippi
    2022 Dodge Laramie 2500 Diesel 4x4
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    Plumas County, CA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my USB ports are definitely on the 12V system. No inverter and no shore power, anything still running is either 12V or propane. I went to lithium batteries to help avoid generator time.

I'm wondering about inverters as well. I'm thinking 1000W, something that will run the TV and a short burst of microwave time is all we'll need.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick: A 1000w inverter would run your TV but not the microwave. It needs 13-15 Amps at 120 volts and 1000w at 120 volts gives 8.3 amps.
    2000w will do it.