User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PDI and Water Leak???

Short time lurker, first time poster...

We conducted our PDI yesterday (Friday, 26 Jun), completed all the finance paperwork and will pick up on Thursday (2 Jul). This is our first RV (GD Imagine 2600RB) so the entire process is new to us. But I did use a PDI checklist I found on this website which was very helpful. During our PDI, we found a couple of minor issues and our dealership addressed all but two of them to our satisfaction. They are working on the last two but I would like to hear from you about how big a deal they are or what you suggest as options to resolve.

- WATER in the drawer below the refrigerator. When I pulled open the drawer there was approximately a teaspoon of water in the plastic tray. We were not able to locate the source but it did not appear to be condensate from the refrigerator. It did rain ALOT this past week so I wonder if it could be a leak in the seals of the roof. Since they weren't able to find the source, I don't think they are going to do anything. What do you recommend I ask them to do?

- The small window nearest the bathroom but on the slide that lifts up does not operate properly. It opens easy but upon closing it the metal clasp of the inner bottom glass(the one that raises) catches on the metal frame of the immobile upper glass. We have to really jiggle and push the window to get it to close. Every other window (including the identical window on the opposite side of the slide nearest the bedroom) in the TT operates smoothly. What options do we have short of asking for a new window?

Are either of these cause to not accept the TT? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water is a tough one without more info to go on. The problem is that hidden water problems can result in pretty serious damage, mold etc., before they are solved. No evidence of any seal cracking in the caulk on the roof? Can they spray a power washer in that area for a period of time?

The window is easier, if they cannot adjust it to work properly then have them order a new one. It may take a couple weeks to come in so if you're accepting the rig (assuming water issue resolved) you can bring it back to be replaced.

If you live to far from the dealer then talk with Grand Design customer support about having the window sent to you and having a mobile tech come out to install it if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Window definitely no big deal and truly a 20 minute replacement job. Have them warranty it out with GD. GD practically refuses nothing at initial sale.

A teaspoon doesn't panic me. Did you pull the drawer out and see what the underside above it looks like. Could be condensate from a fridge drain. Could have tested the unit on propane and the line condensed if humid day. Could have been a little rain come in the vent. You can be assured, at one point or another your camper will get some water you don't want it to. It just goes with the territory. I would do all the investigation I could to find the culprit. If I couldn't, I'd break out the garden hose and make my own rain. If good then, I'd then keep an eye on it in different weather, different operating modes of fridge etc. The key with any camper is diligence in watching for issues and diligence in correcting them.

Good luck, happy camping, and enjoy the adventures and memories made!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bearii,

Thanks for the response. They wouldn't let me walk on the roof due to "liability". But they did wash the sides later in the morning and no additional water was found in the tray. I'll see check it out again on Thursday when we pick up.

I live a little over an hour away from the dealer. Whether I they install or I, I'll ask for a new window.

Thanks for your insight.

Geotex1,

I'll definitely ask for a new window.

I attached a pic of the water in the tray, FYI. I will keep a close eye out for it but the water came from somewhere, so until the source is found and fixed, I'll lose sleep. I will ask to speak with a manager and see where that goes.

Thanks again.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9372.jpg  
    Last edited by Wingm@n; 06-28-2020 at 12:33 PM.