User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trash can in 2600RB

This may seem like a silly question, but for those with a 2600RB, where do you store your kitchen trash can? At least in my 2020, there is a shelf under the sink so the best you could do is a tiny bathroom trash can under there. The countertop extension, when down, hangs so low that a can won't fit under that either. I thought about removing the shelf under the sink, or at least cutting a portion out of it where a trash can could slide in, but wondered what others are doing before I go cutting into my new rig. Thanks!
    Kevin--St. Louis, MO
    2020 Grand Design 2600RB
    2010 F-150 SuperCab XLT 4x4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kedmondson View Post
    This may seem like a silly question, but for those with a 2600RB, where do you store your kitchen trash can? At least in my 2020, there is a shelf under the sink so the best you could do is a tiny bathroom trash can under there. The countertop extension, when down, hangs so low that a can won't fit under that either. I thought about removing the shelf under the sink, or at least cutting a portion out of it where a trash can could slide in, but wondered what others are doing before I go cutting into my new rig. Thanks!
    Kevin,
    Pictures of the 2600 show you have the same hinged shelf left of the kitchen sink. You could use a full sized kitchen trash bin under there, as long as you get the drop down cover not the foot pedal pop up cover. We’re only two, dumpster the trash and recycling every day, so we get by with three small bathroom sized cans. One resides under the shelf, one in the bathroom, and one inside the entry door. The last one is for outside trash. By leaving it inside the door, we can use it without actually climbing the stairs, but it doesn’t attract flying insects. We can also use the cans if we need a bucket. They nest and travel in the shower, usually with shampoo, soap, damp washcloths, etc. inside.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kedmondson View Post
    I bought a small Ace car wash bucket and store it on the top shelf under the sink. It's the perfect size, and round so it actually holds more than an oval trash can. We use plastic supermarket bags, perfect fit, and they actually have a use before they go to the landfill! Also, since it's under the sink our dog won't be tempted to go exploring.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I bought a small Ace car wash bucket and store it on the top shelf under the sink. It's the perfect size, and round so it actually holds more than an oval trash can. We use plastic supermarket bags, perfect fit, and they actually have a use before they go to the landfill! Also, since it's under the sink our dog won't be tempted to go exploring.
    That's pretty much how we do it also except not and Ace bucket, LOL
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just took measurements for under the flip up counter and went off in the world looking for an appropriate sized can. Don't remember now where we bought it but we found a small can with a foot pedestal flip up top that fits and opens under that counter top extension. It's a little small but there's only two of us so I just take the trash out once a day.

Also have a small can in the bathroom.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.