Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avid golfers here

My wife and I love to golf and also attend professional golf tournaments. The main reason we bought our RV (just picked it up last weekend) was so we can travel the country and enjoy golf, without having to stay in hotels. Of course we will get much more use out of it with other camping excursions too. Anyone else out there travel with your RV for golf?
    Kevin--St. Louis, MO
    2020 Grand Design 2600RB
    2010 F-150 SuperCab XLT 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate timing for you - in terms of attending golf tournaments - isn't it?
    My wife and I love to golf, but we don't travel in our RV to play. In fact, we just got back from 2 weeks in Austin and didn't bring our clubs. It seems golf and camping are separate loves for us.
    There is a course near Austin that has an RV park as part of it. They have a really good deal that includes site rental, golf and cart rental. You get the cart 24 hrs/day. You can drive it back and forth from your site to the pro shop. It's called Lighthouse Country Club.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the referral! And yes, not a good year for tournaments. As it turns out we were in Florida with tickets to attend The Players championship, and on the first day of the tournament they announced no fans would be allowed in. We had tickets for Friday and Sunday. And the rest is history, as you know. At least we have been able to play quite a bit this year despite all the lockdowns. Safe travels!
    Kevin--St. Louis, MO
    2020 Grand Design 2600RB
    2010 F-150 SuperCab XLT 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised you two aren’t mentioning Harvest Hosts. They started with vineyards, Farms and museum’s Now they have added Golf courses. I am a member but haven’t yet used mine

https://harvesthosts.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I here what you are saying surfintom. I took my clubs with me on our past two winter trips of 3.5 months and only played a handful of times altogether.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kedmondson View Post
    My wife and I love to golf and also attend professional golf tournaments. The main reason we bought our RV (just picked it up last weekend) was so we can travel the country and enjoy golf, without having to stay in hotels. Of course we will get much more use out of it with other camping excursions too. Anyone else out there travel with your RV for golf?
    Avid golfer here. Played in HS an on scholarship at a small community college. Since then been on and off with other sports like racquetball, tennis, cycling, fishing, napping--OH WAIT! That last one is a retirement hobby, does that count? Seriously, we plan to take clubs with us once we get an RV an the wife retires.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right