User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No hot water at kitchen sink

Newbie here. I have hot water flowing in the bathroom almost immediately, but have run at least 3, maybe 4 gallons through the kitchen sink and no hot water is flowing. I searched old posts and the owner’s manual to see if that would shed some light, but didn’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
    Elaine
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    2020 Ford F-350

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked your outdoor sprayer valves to ensure they are off?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No water is coming out of either of them. Can you explain why that would impact the hot water not going to the kitchen when I still get hot water in the bathroom?? I’m trying to learn.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh..no flow, I thought you meant it was cold water coming out.

If you leave the outdoor sprayer valves open, it will essentially recirculate the hot water and it doesnt make it to the rest of the trailer.

For your no flow problem, it might be helpful to provide more details. Are you on city water or using the water pump from the tank? Is the only faucet that doesnt work the kitchen, have you checked the shower and the outdoor sprayer/kitchen if you have one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sagersef View Post
    Newbie here. I have hot water flowing in the bathroom almost immediately, but have run at least 3, maybe 4 gallons through the kitchen sink and no hot water is flowing. I searched old posts and the owner’s manual to see if that would shed some light, but didn’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you have hot water in the bath room but not in the kitchen then I can only think of a couple things that could be wrong.

This is a new trailer, have you ever had hot water in the kitchen?

Check your nautilus panel and make sure all the levers are in the correct position for city water or dry camp whichever you are currently doing.

I must ask the obvious. Are you turning the faucet to the correct position for hot water in the kitchen? If you turn it to cold and get hot then the water lines to the faucet under the sink are probably reversed.

There could be a problem with the faucet and it is not delivering hot water but not likley.

If you have never had hot water in the kitchen then the problem might be in the way the plumbing was put together. There could be a problem with the Nautilus system or the person putting the trailer together could have connected water lines wrong. Unless you were into tearing apart your trailer and doing major problem solving then this would be a dealer fix.

Your signature says it is a 2020 so sounds like a dealer fix.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post

I must ask the obvious. Are you turning the faucet to the correct position for hot water in the kitchen? If you turn it to cold and get hot then the water lines to the faucet under the sink are probably reversed.

Not so rare. The position that the single lever faucet on our kitchen sink is backwards. I always had trouble when turning on the hot or cold water there, because it felt odd to me. But my husband said it was correct. He even used a sharpie to mark which way the lever needed to be for hot/cold water.

Then, when we had to have our propane line checked for damage following our spring bracket holder breaking, the technician said "Did you know your hot/cold is reversed in the kitchen sink?" I punched my husband's arm and said "SEE?????"

Of course, his excuse is he's a lefty.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)