User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STG295RL View Post
    We have a 2020 Chevy 2500HD and are pulling a 2020 295RL Fifth Wheel using a Pull Rite Supergilde. We love it! No worries about tight turns and hitting the cab. One problem is that we needed to purchase an adapter kit because Pull Rite had not fully tested their new hitch that would drop into the GM Pucks. However, I believe they have an option for the 2020 Ram puck system. The hitch is a little heavy, (over 100lb.) but using my Kubota "back-saver" it can be removed in about 10 minutes.
    Thanks for the reply! The Superglide is probably the way we're going. Their web site says shipping weight is 298#. I'll have to get a cherry picker or something to ever get it out of the truck. Then the trick is to find a place to store the cherry picker. 😟 All I can see in my mind's eye is a crushed tailgate.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The 399 loaded pin weight is very close to 4000lbs once loaded, mine came from the factory at over 3700lbs. If I were to pick between your two options you suggested I would go with the Reese goosebox. I know its rated at 4000lbs, but I also havent seen reports of it crushing with a heavy pin weight compared to the AUH.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That is an internet myth repeated and told in all it's spine tingling glory like a right wing conspiracy theory on forums such as this and long debunked.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    That is an internet myth repeated and told in all it's spine tingling glory like a right wing conspiracy theory on forums such as this and long debunked.
    Yup, could be correct. I just know I've seen some pictures of them, havent actually talked to anyone who's had a problem with either one.

"Its true if it's on the internet" -Abe Lincoln

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post

"Its true if it's on the internet" -Abe Lincoln

I love this. I’ve always used

“You can’t trust everything you read on the internet. That’s how WWII started.”
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a '19 RAM Mega cab Dually. The SuperGlide drops right into the pucks. My worry was being that guy who hits the cab with the trailer. Not now! Yes it's heavy. I just leave it in there. Works great!. Good luck!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhepburnjr View Post
    I have a '19 RAM Mega cab Dually. The SuperGlide drops right into the pucks. My worry was being that guy who hits the cab with the trailer. Not now! Yes it's heavy. I just leave it in there. Works great!. Good luck!
    Good to know. About how much clearance do you have between the bed walls/tailgate and the coach?

I'm concerned, as the Superglide doesn't appear to be height adjustable, and sits at 16.75" to the top of the plate.

Also, did you have to buy a capture plate, too?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Good to know. About how much clearance do you have between the bed walls/tailgate and the coach?

I'm concerned, as the Superglide doesn't appear to be height adjustable, and sits at 16.75" to the top of the plate.

Also, did you have to buy a capture plate, too?
    Yes on the capture plate. I’ll measure the clearance on Friday when I pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    john and betty
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axle ratio
    2020 GD Solitude 310GK
    "Wherever you go, there you are" -Buckaroo Banzai

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhepburnjr View Post
    Yes on the capture plate. I’ll measure the clearance on Friday when I pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome! I look forward to hearing the results.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a dolly that I roll from the bed to a utility cart where I put a plate that is the same height as my truck bed. I can “easily” pick up the hitch the couple of inches to get it on the moving dolly. Dolly and cart came from Harbor Freight. I just leave the hitch on the cart until I need it in the bed again.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a RAM 3500 standard bed and run an Anderson with a 303RLS for the last couple years without any problems. Several times I need to take out the hitch for hauling and that is really nice. Turns are really not a problem either with a crew cab. I can m ake about an 85 degree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast