Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List of "Must Have's" for Inaugural trip

Hello Folks!!

I know I'm getting the cart before the horse here (we don't have the RV yet), but I've started a shopping list of must have things we will need for our trip from the Seattle area to Central Florida in a couple months, regardless of the RV we end up with. I have seen numerous lists and we have a good start on what we will need, and I have started a list of things on Amazon - looks like a number of items I had saved for later, are now currently unavailable.

I will shop for best price and availability (wherever I have to) - but my real question is this. One item on our list is the Teknor Zero G water hose. Undecided on whether to get the 25' or 50', or both - thoughts? The real question - do I need the 5/8" or 1/2" diameter for a Grand Design 2670MK (which is our rig of choice)? This hose(s) will be for drinking/potable. NOT for sewer/black tank flush or gray tank. Any suggestions on the hose for that purpose?

Thanks!
    Steve (Total Newbie)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a 5/8 hose in a 25' length and I carry another 25' if it's too short. I can only think of a handful of times the 25' was too short, but it also depends where the water connection point is on your trailer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pencka View Post
    Hello Folks!!

I know I'm getting the cart before the horse here (we don't have the RV yet), but I've started a shopping list of must have things we will need for our trip from the Seattle area to Central Florida in a couple months, regardless of the RV we end up with. I have seen numerous lists and we have a good start on what we will need, and I have started a list of things on Amazon - looks like a number of items I had saved for later, are now currently unavailable.

I will shop for best price and availability (wherever I have to) - but my real question is this. One item on our list is the Teknor Zero G water hose. Undecided on whether to get the 25' or 50', or both - thoughts? The real question - do I need the 5/8" or 1/2" diameter for a Grand Design 2670MK (which is our rig of choice)? This hose(s) will be for drinking/potable. NOT for sewer/black tank flush or gray tank. Any suggestions on the hose for that purpose?

Thanks!
    Steve (Total Newbie)
    I really wanted the 5/8" hose because of the greater flow potential, but I was not able to find one that was drinking water rated. So far the 1/2" has been okay, but probably takes a little longer to fill the tank. For hoses around the house, I never buy 1/2", just 5/8 and 3/4 if I can find them.

As far as absolutely necessary stuff, good wheel chocks, the water hose, the sewer hose (and any fittings), safety gloves for dumping, and wood blocks for levelling. After that, there is a huge list of nice to haves that really make things easier, but are not absolutely necessary.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    I really wanted the 5/8" hose because of the greater flow potential, but I was not able to find one that was drinking water rated. So far the 1/2" has been okay, but probably takes a little longer to fill the tank. For hoses around the house, I never buy 1/2", just 5/8 and 3/4 if I can find them.

As far as absolutely necessary stuff, good wheel chocks, the water hose, the sewer hose (and any fittings), safety gloves for dumping, and wood blocks for levelling. After that, there is a huge list of nice to haves that really make things easier, but are not absolutely necessary.

Thanks for the input jh.xsnrg!! I did purchase 2 ea. of the newer light weight Teknor Apex Zero G 25' 5/8" hoses, also the Rhino Extreme sewer hose, but its only 20', and I want to find an additional 20', just in case.

Thanks!
    Steve

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

On your list of must haves, we personally would include wine.

For other stuff, check Walmart “online“. May not always be available but I buy a lot from them and most times prices are competitive.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the 5/8 hose and drinking water rated, look up flexzilla hoses. We use those and they seem to hold up well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Attachment 27610
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serendipity..
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input jh.xsnrg!! I did purchase 2 ea. of the newer light weight Teknor Apex Zero G 25' 5/8" hoses, also the Rhino Extreme sewer hose, but its only 20', and I want to find an additional 20', just in case.

Thanks!
    Steve
    Sewer hose.
    We have been on the road full time for seven years. We have been to over 250 camp sites. I started the journey with two 15’ foot hoses and two 5’ foot hoses. As I recall I may have used 25’ of sewer hose once. I now carry a 10’ hose and two 5’ hoses. I always use the 10’ and some times use a 5’ extension. I can’t remember the last time I had to use 20’ of hose. If you have a 20’ hose buy a 10’ or 15’ and a 5’. Don’t buy another 20’. In my opinion 20’ is too long. For best drainage you want your sewer hose to go straight to the sewer and not have a lot of extra hose snaking all over the place. Rhino makes a hose that accordions together. It drains all the water out as you compress it and a 10’ hose ends up about 4’ when compressed. Easy to store and handle. Here is a link to what I have. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFL...01HPHR2M4?th=1 if you get the 15’ that is in this link the hose will accordion together and you easily shorten it to make a straight run to the sewer.

You also need a drain hose support. There are a bunch of brands out there. This link has a good picture of what they do. I find them very useful. https://parts.unitedrv.com/products/...er-hose-20-red

Water hoses
    Don’t buy a 50’ hose. It is too long. Buy 2 or 3, 25’. I carry 3, 25’ hoses. I like the Neverkink hoses. They work great and don’t kink. https://www.amazon.com/Teknor-Apex-8.../dp/B002MBG05E

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Sewer hose.
    We have been on the road full time for seven years. We have been to over 250 camp sites. I started the journey with two 15’ foot hoses and two 5’ foot hoses. As I recall I may have used 25’ of sewer hose once. I now carry a 10’ hose and two 5’ hoses. I always use the 10’ and some times use a 5’ extension. I can’t remember the last time I had to use 20’ of hose. If you have a 20’ hose buy a 10’ or 15’ and a 5’. Don’t buy another 20’. In my opinion 20’ is too long. For best drainage you want your sewer hose to go straight to the sewer and not have a lot of extra hose snaking all over the place. Rhino makes a hose that accordions together. It drains all the water out as you compress it and a 10’ hose ends up about 4’ when compressed. Easy to store and handle. Here is a link to what I have. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-RhinoFL...01HPHR2M4?th=1 if you get the 15’ that is in this link the hose will accordion together and you easily shorten it to make a straight run to the sewer.

You also need a drain hose support. There are a bunch of brands out there. This link has a good picture of what they do. I find them very useful. https://parts.unitedrv.com/products/...er-hose-20-red

Water hoses
    Don’t buy a 50’ hose. It is too long. Buy 2 or 3, 25’. I carry 3, 25’ hoses. I like the Neverkink hoses. They work great and don’t kink. https://www.amazon.com/Teknor-Apex-8.../dp/B002MBG05E
    Thanks for the info Always Learning!! I already ordered the Rhino Extreme 15' drain hose, with a 10' extension. I also purchased 2 ea. 25' hoses. these are for clean/potable water. What do I get for the black water drain/flush?

Thanks!
    Steve

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Always Learning!! I already ordered the Rhino Extreme 15' drain hose, with a 10' extension. I also purchased 2 ea. 25' hoses. these are for clean/potable water. What do I get for the black water drain/flush?

Thanks!
    Steve
    Any hose will work for black flush. It is a good idea to use a dedicated hose for the black tank. I use an old fresh water hose. I replace them every year or so because with full time use they grow stuff in the hose. Lots of different water sources and many non-chlorinated. One of my white hoses turned red, probably alge growing in it so I use that for black tank. Easy to tell which one to use for the black tank.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast