User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like lists. A lot of this is a repeat of previous posts. I think we all end up in about the same spot.

In the cab:
    LED Headlamp (driver’s door)
    Fire extinguisher
    ˝ inch torque wrench
    Electric drill
    Sockets that fits torque wrench & drill (and wheels and stabilizers)
    2nd socket that fits torque wrench and drill (and wheels and stabilizers)
    10 foot cable and padlock
    Replacement pins for every removeable connection in your hitch

In the truck bed:
    2x8 boards, I have eight, about a foot long each
    Anderson leveling chocks
    Heavy duty rubber chocks

In the crawl space:
    “Lego” leveling blocks (I carry two packs)
    Bottle jack
    one jack stand

Extension cord for your main power cord
    Surge protector!
    30/50 and 30/20 Adapters to hook to any power source
    25 foot extension cord
    25’ coax cable

Two 25’ drinking hoses
    6’ drinking hose
    25’ all purpose hose
    Blue in-line water filter
    Brass pressure reducer
    2nd brass pressure reducer
    Y connector
    A packet of hose gaskets

Two sewage hoses in the bumper
    A valterra twist on valve sewage valve

Inside:
    Big honkin flashlight
    Digital multimeter
    Square screw bits
    Wine opener
    2nd wine opener

If you concluded that I often lose little things; not so much really. But I do lose things and every time I have it really sucked.

For leveling I recently installed a Levelmate Pro. But for years I just used a free bubble level app on the phone.

two more things: patience and humor
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A couple more things to consider:

1. An extension for your power cord. You will hardly ever need it, but when you do.....
    (BTW - the 2670MK runs just fine on 30 amp, except for the 2nd AC. You can get a 50 to 30 adaptor, and use 30 amp sites most of the time. That 50 amp cord is a beast to move around, and the extensions are costly, too! I only use the 30 amp extension when I camp...the 50 amp cord is now my "emergency" extension)
    2. A clear adaptor to go between the tank outlet and the sewer hose. Allows you to see when all the "stuff" has actually been flushed out of the tank. Get the longer straight one, rather than the shorter angled one.
    3. A LevelMate Pro. Wireless gadget that allows you to use your smartphone to verify when you are level. So much easier than using a carpenters level, or any of the similar sold for campers.
    4. Andersen levelers - curved ramps one puts under the wheels on the side that needs to come up. When used with the LevelMate, you just slowly pull forward until you are level! (Note: there are some camp sites that are too out of level for them. Then you have to resort to your backup - the stackable legos, or your blocs of lumber).
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you head to Florida take a few shorter trips. Less than 100 miles and close to larger city where Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Home Goods, TJ Max, etc. can be found so you can buy anything you need and don't have. Most recommend the first trip be to a site with full hookups. Gives you a chance to check all your systems. Next trip try boondocking or simply don't use the hookups. Taking these short trips you might also discover minor things that need fixing on a DIY basis. Finally you may discover a major deficiency that needs warranty repair. The more short trips you take the more likely you are to discover these things and the more comfortable you will be with your trailer before you start out on a 3000+ mile trip. Two months to get your trailer, do a few shakedown runs, and get everything you need done and fixed is not a lot of time especially if you discover you need the dealer to fix something.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    Before you head to Florida take a few shorter trips. Less than 100 miles and close to larger city where Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Home Goods, TJ Max, etc. can be found so you can buy anything you need and don't have. Most recommend the first trip be to a site with full hookups. Gives you a chance to check all your systems. Next trip try boondocking or simply don't use the hookups. Taking these short trips you might also discover minor things that need fixing on a DIY basis. Finally you may discover a major deficiency that needs warranty repair. The more short trips you take the more likely you are to discover these things and the more comfortable you will be with your trailer before you start out on a 3000+ mile trip. Two months to get your trailer, do a few shakedown runs, and get everything you need done and fixed is not a lot of time especially if you discover you need the dealer to fix something.
    Very good idea Gary!! Actually, that the plan. If this deal goes through we will be traveling @800 miles to get the rig in MT. We expect to spend a few nights at the dealer location,
    having the options installed, completing the purchase and of course the inspection. We will also spend a night or two in the area for a shakedown before leaving the dealer location to work out any major issues before beginning the trip back to the PNW. I have heard that the first night or two in your new RV should be as easy and pleasant as possible - and thats our hope. Thanks for the tips!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a few of those spring loaded bars to keep things from coming out of your cabinets and fridge when going down the road. Especially external fridge if you have one. You will quickly realize you need these.

Also get a good sewer hose for sure, and I agree with everyone about extension cords and extra hose. I use these all the time.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetussnow View Post
    Get a few of those spring loaded bars to keep things from coming out of your cabinets and fridge when going down the road. Especially external fridge if you have one. You will quickly realize you need these.

Also get a good sewer hose for sure, and I agree with everyone about extension cords and extra hose. I use these all the time.
    Great advice - Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silicone spray: everything sticks in an RV. Especially handy on the gray and black tank valves pulls.

I cannot stress this enough. On our maiden voyage, I had to fight to get the black tank valve pull opened when it was time to dump, and could not get the gray tank pull to budge. We had to drive home with the added weight of a nearly full Grey tank, and man did we feel it in our TV.

There is one nice to have item that is a bit spendy, but invaluable. A back up camera. Furrion makes one. Wireless. Took me ten minutes to install the camera with a ladder and Phillips screwdriver. Hardest part is not losing the tiny screws, but they give you four extras. There are videos on youtube to learn the install process, it is very easy. You don't even have to pair it with the screen, comes ready out of the box.

Also useful if you do not have trailer mirrors or strap on aftermarket mirrors. Good for peace of mind for knowing what's behind you. Be advised, though: different tow vehicles handle the power to the camera very differently so your installation may be unique to your vehicle. If you have a 2019 or newer Chevy or GM truck, for example, you'll need a special inline adapter. PM me if you do and need help.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    [RIP] 2010 Coleman Utah Pop-Up

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_nyne View Post
    There is one nice to have item that is a bit spendy, but invaluable. A back up camera. Furrion makes one. Wireless. Took me ten minutes to install the camera with a ladder and Phillips screwdriver. Hardest part is not losing the tiny screws, but they give you four extras. There are videos on youtube to learn the install process, it is very easy. You don't even have to pair it with the screen, comes ready out of the box.
    Furrion is a good backup camera but Haloview makes several systems that have gotten good reviews here and elsewhere and for half the price. I bought the MC7109. It comes with a mounting plate that replaces the Furrion mounting plate in the pre-wired hood and a plug that plugs into the pre-wired plug. I had to order it direct because it currently is not available on Amazon but other models are.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are set on the 2670, get a few short small bungee cords. Being creative, you can use them to make sure the fridge and desk drawers stay shut between campsites. Nothing so terrible as the sound of things breaking as you open the slides. On mine, it was the fridge door that had opened, and caught on the slide. Others report the drawers opening and then being broken by the slide on that side. ALWAYS check both before opening, and have a backup for when you forget to check....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    Furrion is a good backup camera but Haloview makes several systems that have gotten good reviews here and elsewhere and for half the price. I bought the MC7109. It comes with a mounting plate that replaces the Furrion mounting plate in the pre-wired hood and a plug that plugs into the pre-wired plug. I had to order it direct because it currently is not available on Amazon but other models are.
    How was it ordering direct from Haloview?
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast