User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Styrofoam block in A/C unit?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed mine, definitely more airflow through the ducts. Noise is probably about the same - seems most of the noise is from the intake air crossing the cooler which you cannot really reduce without also reducing airflow.

Install was super easy and in my case I did not have to remove the existing duct terminations or cut the box sealing off the opening despite the directions saying that. I did have to move one of my AC units 1/2" but that was simple since I had the 4 bolts and ceiling flange off anyways.

I would estimate you could get 50-80% of the same outcome with a DIY approach but will not match the precision contouring of the foam insert from the Airflow kit. Just up to you on what your time is worth to try doing it yourself vs buying the kit.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD4112F0-F8A3-47D6-A91C-7883439D79EF.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	28104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC87D15-1375-46BE-AE56-7DB1E4FA3C2C.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	823.3 KB 
ID:	28105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83699D6C-5E44-4281-BD02-7CA3A70E186B.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	28106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83DF2FF7-A4C9-405B-9886-A8076F703A7B.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	28107
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Just installed mine, definitely more airflow through the ducts. Noise is probably about the same - seems most of the noise is from the intake air crossing the cooler which you cannot really reduce without also reducing airflow.

Install was super easy and in my case I did not have to remove the existing duct terminations or cut the box sealing off the opening despite the directions saying that. I did have to move one of my AC units 1/2" but that was simple since I had the 4 bolts and ceiling flange off anyways.

I would estimate you could get 50-80% of the same outcome with a DIY approach but will not match the precision contouring of the foam insert from the Airflow kit. Just up to you on what your time is worth to try doing it yourself vs buying the kit.
    I just completed a mod like this on a Dometic Brisk II. I built up the floor of the air distribution box 1 so its even with the bottom of the vent outlet. Then I cut angled blocks that span directly from the fan opening on top of the plenum to the top of the vent outlets. Next I cut an angled foam piece to rest on top of the air dump that will no longer used so as to help split the air between the two vent outlets. Then foil taped the pieces in place and test the results.
    Im impressed! From -.1% (???) to +96% increase in airspeed at the vents. With this increase I wont miss the air dump capability.
    Tim, Pam and Popcorn(furry friend) 2018
    2017 Imagine 2150RB, CRE 3000 w/wet bolts, EMS-HW30C, 675 watt solar, Victron 150/45, Victron Multiplus 3000/120-50, Victron BMV-712, 3 BB 100ah LiFePo. [http://visited statesman.com/image/A...KORTXWIsm.jpg]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KamFlyer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one yesterday and chose the USPS option. It hasn't shipped yet so I send a message requesting to not upgrade the shipping and use USPS as requested. Hope they see it before it ships!
    -Rob-
    RV Airflow is a stand up company. They immediately responded back and were unaware of what UPS does to us Canadians. He stated in future hed ship our orders USPS unless urgent (as UPS waves brokerage on priority shipping of course). He reimbursed me the extra cost which is way beyond my expectations.

A company like this I highly recommend.
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered one from RVAirflow on Sunday and it was delivered today. Tracking (UPS) said it was delivered, but it was not at my door. I emailed them, and in 15 mins, got a response back that they will call UPS immediately and try to resolve. Within the hour a neighbor down the street brought the package to me.

I don't know if their interaction with UPS did it, or the guy was getting around to deliver the package, but either way, it was a quick reply from them. They said if they couldn't immediately resolve it, they will ship another.

Top notch company in my book. If you order, don't forget to try the 20% coupon FORESTRIVER20 I think.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS