User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed mine, definitely more airflow through the ducts. Noise is probably about the same - seems most of the noise is from the intake air crossing the cooler which you cannot really reduce without also reducing airflow.

Install was super easy and in my case I did not have to remove the existing duct terminations or cut the box sealing off the opening despite the directions saying that. I did have to move one of my AC units 1/2" but that was simple since I had the 4 bolts and ceiling flange off anyways.

I would estimate you could get 50-80% of the same outcome with a DIY approach but will not match the precision contouring of the foam insert from the Airflow kit. Just up to you on what your time is worth to try doing it yourself vs buying the kit.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD4112F0-F8A3-47D6-A91C-7883439D79EF.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	28104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC87D15-1375-46BE-AE56-7DB1E4FA3C2C.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	823.3 KB 
ID:	28105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83699D6C-5E44-4281-BD02-7CA3A70E186B.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	28106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83DF2FF7-A4C9-405B-9886-A8076F703A7B.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	28107
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Just installed mine, definitely more airflow through the ducts. Noise is probably about the same - seems most of the noise is from the intake air crossing the cooler which you cannot really reduce without also reducing airflow.

Install was super easy and in my case I did not have to remove the existing duct terminations or cut the box sealing off the opening despite the directions saying that. I did have to move one of my AC units 1/2" but that was simple since I had the 4 bolts and ceiling flange off anyways.

I would estimate you could get 50-80% of the same outcome with a DIY approach but will not match the precision contouring of the foam insert from the Airflow kit. Just up to you on what your time is worth to try doing it yourself vs buying the kit.
    I just completed a mod like this on a Dometic Brisk II. I built up the floor of the air distribution box 1” so it’s even with the bottom of the vent outlet. Then I cut angled blocks that span directly from the fan opening on top of the plenum to the top of the vent outlets. Next I cut an angled foam piece to rest on top of the air dump that will no longer used so as to help split the air between the two vent outlets. Then foil taped the pieces in place and test the results.
    I’m impressed! From -.1% (???) to +96% increase in airspeed at the vents. With this increase I won’t miss the air dump capability.
    Tim, Pam and Popcorn(furry friend) 2018
    2017 Imagine 2150RB, CRE 3000 w/wet bolts, EMS-HW30C, 675 watt solar, Victron 150/45, Victron Multiplus 3000/120-50, Victron BMV-712, 3 BB 100ah LiFePo. [http://visited statesman.com/image/A...KORTXWIsm.jpg]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KamFlyer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one yesterday and chose the USPS option. It hasn't shipped yet so I send a message requesting to not upgrade the shipping and use USPS as requested. Hope they see it before it ships!
    -Rob-
    RV Airflow is a stand up company. They immediately responded back and were unaware of what UPS does to us Canadians. He stated in future he’d ship our orders USPS unless urgent (as UPS waves brokerage on priority shipping of course). He reimbursed me the extra cost which is way beyond my expectations.

A company like this I highly recommend.
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered one from RVAirflow on Sunday and it was delivered today. Tracking (UPS) said it was delivered, but it was not at my door. I emailed them, and in 15 mins, got a response back that they will call UPS immediately and try to resolve. Within the hour a neighbor down the street brought the package to me.

I don't know if their interaction with UPS did it, or the guy was getting around to deliver the package, but either way, it was a quick reply from them. They said if they couldn't immediately resolve it, they will ship another.

Top notch company in my book. If you order, don't forget to try the 20% coupon FORESTRIVER20 I think.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently purchased the RV Air Flow Systems Plenum unit and was installing it in the rear air conditioner.

It appears that when the rear AC unit was installed at the factory one of the long bolts snapped off inside of the threaded insert. A new hole was drilled out next to it, and using another long bolt, it was jammed in and screwed down hoping to make new threads in the sheet metal (of course this failed). When I took off the covers and saw it the bolt was loose and could turn freely. The threads on the bolt are mostly stripped off and it was not compressing the AC roof gasket on that corner. In fact in heavy rains last year in Florida It dripped out of the vent very slightly.

The only solution I can think of short of replacing the bottom plate of the air conditioner is to drill out the extra hole to clear the bolt and epoxy a nut on the other side Then reattach it with a new bolt (I am hoping that the epoxy will hold to tighten the bolt to the proper torque). Luckily the bolt is at the opposite end of the AirFlow plenum and will not interfere with that.
    Attached are a couple of photos to show you.

The AC unit was also not centered and needed to be moved over about 1/2". I had to push up to break the seal and then I could shift it over.

Name:	20201120_165657.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	30793 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201120_165851.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	30794
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bolt is 7 3/4 inches long and not so easy to find. I ended up going to Lowes and bought a section of 1/4-20 threaded rod, cut it to length and attached a locking nut to one end. I used permanent green lock-tight on the nut so it would never come loose.

I drilled the hole open to clear the 1/4" bolt. Then I cut a notch in the flange of a 1/4-20 T-Nut (see photo before I cut the notch). I installed a bolt, passed it through the hole and threaded the t-nut on the end so that the notch was next to the threaded insert. This kept it from turning when I tightened the bolt (I had planed on gluing it in but that was not possible). Then I tightened everything down to 45 inch ounces.

The RV Airflow Systems Plenum is installed and working fine. By the way the bedroom AC was a piece of cake. The AC was even centered and it did not need to be moved.

I am good to go and everything is nice and secure.

Name:	20201121_102000.jpg 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	30795 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201121_102013.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	30796 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201121_102223.jpg 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	30797
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyn2high View Post
    The bolt is 7 3/4 inches long and not so easy to find. I ended up going to Lowes and bought a section of 1/4-20 threaded rod, cut it to length and attached a locking nut to one end. I used permanent green lock-tight on the nut so it would never come loose.

I drilled the hole open to clear the 1/4" bolt. Then I cut a notch in the flange of a 1/4-20 T-Nut (see photo before I cut the notch). I installed a bolt, passed it through the hole and threaded the t-nut on the end so that the notch was next to the threaded insert. This kept it from turning when I tightened the bolt (I had planed on gluing it in but that was not possible). Then I tightened everything down to 45 inch ounces.

The RV Airflow Systems Plenum is installed and working fine. By the way the bedroom AC was a piece of cake. The AC was even centered and it did not need to be moved.

One of the bolts was mildly stripped and bent on my rear AC unit but luckily for me it was salvageable. That AC was also not centered. Really surprising and disappointing given how dead simple installing the AC really is
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyn2high View Post

Name:	20201121_102000.jpg 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	30795 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201121_102013.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	30796 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201121_102223.jpg 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	30797
    _Unless something has changed, _green_ loctite is not considered permanent. Green is actually the weakest in the loctite family, blue is the next step up (and my go to choice), Red is permanent. Now I think the green will likely work fine in this application, so no woories. I just wanted to clear up a mistatement, for other uses.... Unless somomething has changed, and I am wrong,,,, Please set me straight in that case, as I want to know_
    Last edited by huntindog; 11-22-2020 at 02:20 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    _Unless something has changed, _green_ loctite is not considered permanent. Green is actually the weakest in the loctite family, blue is the next step up (and my go to choice), Red is permanent. Now I think the green will likely work fine in this application, so no woories. I just wanted to clear up a mistatement, for other uses.... Unless somomething has changed, and I am wrong,,,, Please set me straight in that case, as I want to know_
    Actually the locktite brand purple is the lightest strength. I use it for screws up to #6 . Then comes blue. I use that for #8 and above. It is true the red is the strongest thread locker but I used a type that is not designed for threads. It is green 603 and I use it when you want a press fit on a shaft that has a slip fit. If you clean the surfaces well and use their primer, the only way it will move is if you heat it with a torch.

You are correct though that red is the strongest and I have the red but it is so old i did not want to take a chance as it has a shelf life.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Just ordered 2 of these kits for my 2019 Solitude, you all are making me feel real happy about that choice
    Has anyone added this foam block to a unit with the heat strip option? I ask because I already have the foam block but am interested in adding the heat strip kit. It is not clear where the heat strip is mounted.

Thanks!
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast