User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVing in Michigan View Post
    Has anyone added this foam block to a unit with the heat strip option? I ask because I already have the foam block but am interested in adding the heat strip kit. It is not clear where the heat strip is mounted.

Thanks!
    What is a heat strip? I added the foam block
    )to both of ma AC units. The rear has a heat pump and they both work great.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone added this foam block to a unit with the heat strip option? I ask because I already have the foam block but am interested in adding the heat strip kit. It is not clear where the heat strip is mounted.

Thanks!
    I have a heat pump but not the heat strip. Sorry
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

I'd suggest you contact the manufacturer. I had a question about which unit I needed and they responded pretty quickly. If I remember, the heat strip goes higher up in the AC tunnel, but I would be concerned if the Styrofoam would hold up with the heat being blown through it. I'd hate to have it get hot and either give off that beautiful Styrofoam odor or actually start to melt (or burn).
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Attachment 28104Attachment 28105Attachment 28106Attachment 28107

I just completed a mod like this on a Dometic Brisk II. I built up the floor of the air distribution box 1” so it’s even with the bottom of the vent outlet. Then I cut angled blocks that span directly from the fan opening on top of the plenum to the top of the vent outlets. Next I cut an angled foam piece to rest on top of the air dump that will no longer used so as to help split the air between the two vent outlets. Then foil taped the pieces in place and test the results.
    I’m impressed! From -.1% (???) to +96% increase in airspeed at the vents. With this increase I won’t miss the air dump capability.
    Spark1

My situation is similar to your in that RVairflow does not currently make a system for the Dometic Brisk Air units. After looking at what you had put together, I did something similar. The discharge section of our A/C units is significantly different from that of the Coleman units and I did not want to remove the bolts holding the unit to the roof for fear of creating a water leak. I fashioned similar pieces to yours from foam board purchased at Lowe's (I avoided purchasing a large 4 X 8 sheet and instead bought the smaller piece of green foam board). The two end pieces sit on each side of the sheet metal mounting plate and the center piece will fit into the discharge 'dump ' section. Not only making this in multiply pieces avoids having to remove the bolts holding the unit in place, but it is easy to remove the center piece if you decide you want to use the dump feature.

After doing the install, I can say that the volume of air coming from the vents has probably doubled and the noise for the unit has been reduced. Put to of these together for less that $10.00

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	31184 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open Vent.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	31185
    Last edited by srobins; 12-18-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minidilbert View Post
    I looked at my Grand Design build sheet and it says that both of my A/C units are Mach 10. 2019 model 31MB. Rear 15K btu and front is 13.5K btu. I confirmed all the plenum measurements were the same on both units and within the requirements from the RV Airflow website. Used the BEATTHEHEAT promo code for 15% off and standard shipping for a total of $299 for 2 kits. Can't wait to install and try it out.
    FYI - This is the only discount code still active as of today, all the others - No Go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered 2 - They sent me this link for 15% off - Give it a try please - I get $10 cash, you save 15% - lol

http://rvairflow.refr.cc/matthewg

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    I added heat strips to both of our 15K units, replaced all that was necessary to do so. More here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post339560. We just spent 8 nights on the Outer Banks with nighttime temps in the mid 30's to mid 20's. They work well, even with a huge RV Airflow styrofoam deflector in the living room unit, or probably more so because of that. The Outer Banks have winds all year round, (that is after all, why Orville and Wilbur went there) in the winter they are very cold winds. However the only time the furnace ran was when we first arrived with a 40 degree coach. Once at temperature the two heat strips and the living room fireplace kept the coach at at least 72 degrees, sometimes 74 when we wanted that. During the day the temperature in the bedroom was at times too high due to the efficient airflow from the living room unit, and radiant heating on the coach. I recommend the use of heat strips with the Airxcel 15K units with the RV Airflow insert,and am contemplating the RV Airflow unit for the bedroom as well.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    I added heat strips to both of our 15K units, replaced all that was necessary to do so. More here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post339560. We just spent 8 nights on the Outer Banks with nighttime temps in the mid 30's to mid 20's. They work well, even with a huge RV Airflow styrofoam deflector in the living room unit, or probably more so because of that. The Outer Banks have winds all year round, (that is after all, why Orville and Wilbur went there) in the winter they are very cold winds. However the only time the furnace ran was when we first arrived with a 40 degree coach. Once at temperature the two heat strips and the living room fireplace kept the coach at at least 72 degrees, sometimes 74 when we wanted that. During the day the temperature in the bedroom was at times too high due to the efficient airflow from the living room unit, and radiant heating on the coach. I recommend the use of heat strips with the Airxcel 15K units with the RV Airflow insert,and am contemplating the RV Airflow unit for the bedroom as well.
    One word of caution, the furnace does more than heat the living space, it also heats the underbelly to keep plumbing and tanks from freezing up. The heat strips will do fine heating the living area but do ZERO for the plumbing, just be careful on any length of cold weather.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Nearly Completely Agree

Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    One word of caution, the furnace does more than heat the living space, it also heats the underbelly to keep plumbing and tanks from freezing up. The heat strips will do fine heating the living area but do ZERO for the plumbing, just be careful on any length of cold weather.
    Exactly, possibly. However, as an engineer, I would have to independently verify the ZERO fact . I would venture their's some radiant transfer. But, as I mentioned in my heat strip post. That is a definite concern.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lovells View Post
    Exactly, possibly. However, as an engineer, I would have to independently verify the ZERO fact . I would venture their's some radiant transfer. But, as I mentioned in my heat strip post. That is a definite concern.
    Heat doesn't radiate downwards....for all intents and purposes, it is zero.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast