Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Towed our 303 from Canada to Florida with my F150 Ecoboost and averaged 11.3 mpg. Usually travelling between 55 and 60. You diesel guys can probably do better than this . . . but, I am paying nearly a dollar less per gallon for the fuel.

I'm not sure how to explain how comfortable this little engine is, cruising along at 2000 RPM in 5th gear, with the 303 in tow. I regularly use cruise control to keep to the trailer tire speed restrictions.

Rob
    11.3 mpg with an ecoboost and a 303 attached to you? Wow that is impressive, I wish mine did that when I had my 2012 ecoboost. I went from Louisiana to Iowa and back in it and I averaged 10.1 mpg with a bed cover and 3 people in the truck pulling nothing at all.

I since traded in that truck to a Ford Raptor, bought my first TT and realized fast that a Raptor is not for towing, so traded in for a Ford F250. With that I pulled my TT and a 10' trailer behind that with my 6.7L Diesel and was getting 12.3 mpg. I would never feel comfortable pulling a 5er with a small truck. But that just me. Like cgoodnight, I too am saving for a F350 or even a F450 DRW as my next truck.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi GD350M,

The Raptor is an amazing truck . . . for a whole different set of expectations. My son drives a Raptor in the oil fields of northern Alberta on "roads" that barely qualify as roads.

If I were trying to tow a Momentum, I would be exactly where your are . . . thinking 350 or even 450.

Looking back at my logs, I was under 10 MPG towing the 303 to Nashville. I guess there are more hills in Tennessee.
    Things got better after that. Pretty much flat and downhill through Georgia to Florida 😄. 11.3 is what my log book says.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I don't tow my momentum with the raptor. I traded in my raptor almost 2 years ago for my F250. I just got my Momentum Dec 2nd. But the reason why I traded in the raptor, because its not a tow vehicle. When I bought that truck, I was trying to get out of the ecoboost and I didn't have a camper yet.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GD350M,

Completely understood ! A Raptor is not going to tow a Momentum !
    You are probably "stretched" more with your 250 in front of your Momentum than I am with my 150 in front of my 303 Reflection.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the Ford Ecoboost, there are a couple factors (not related to towing) that will keep me from buying one. 1) Running pump gas with a turbo. Time will only tell how well this holds up (this goes for any vehicle with turbo running 87 octane). The second, I know several people in the auto body industry and they are all saying what a nightmare (work and cost) it is going to be working on an aluminum body. I get it's lighter, epa, etc., but I'll hold out as long as a can. There's also a good youtube video out about the new aluminum body F350 they were testing in Death Valley that caught fire. Nothing, literally nothing, left after it burned.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's nice about the aluminum body is that they're harder to put dings into than steel bodies--and they're thicker.

If you've got to replace a body part, carry the old fender or hood or whatever down to the recycler and get back part of your new part. Parts are recyclable.

It's been too long that body men were parts replacers and bondo men. Right now, skilled sheet metal workers are few and far between.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123