User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Imagine Roller Blinds - conquered

Background: bottom edge trim keeps coming off blind. There's a thread on that. While applying hot glue today, one blind became fully overextended, and would not retract.

Solution: persuade it to roll back almost a full turn manually. Partial success - blind now retracts. But will not pull down and stop, pulls down and retracts. Ergo, new problem.

By the way, there's an "ISD" logo on the end caps. The manufacturer of the blinds in 2020 Imagines is Irvine Shade & Door.

I saw an earlier post (I believe from @boyscout ) about the brackets, so I was pre-warned. I have bracket #2 . I tried a knife, a combination wrench, and ultimately the end of my 6" level, to carefully press the flared end of the clip and disengage.

After watching the "replace a spring" video on their instructions page, I figured I had nothing to loose.
    Removed the black end cap, allowed the spring to fully de-tension, and reinstalled the cap. Then tightened until I had proper tension to retract the blind.

Once again had to use the end of my level to press the clip, but the blind is remounted and working fine.

The aluminum rail is what connects to the clip. Very awkward working at full arm extension behind the valence, but it's possible.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slow-rise-bracket-group-image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	27600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200628_150639053.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	27601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200628_150650483.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	27602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200628_150514733.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	27603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200628_150723625.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	27604

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and adding tension required 25-30 full rotations of the black tension wheel. Trying to do that with your fingertips under the valence will take a generation.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said there was a thread on the window blind bottom edge trim coming off, but I can't find it. Anyone have a link?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had two start to come off. Seems there's some kind of perhaps a fiberglass flat part that appears to be stapled to the blind and it seems to like to pull out pretty easy. So, I used blue painters tape to hold it together until we got home from our month long trip. After looking at other fixes mentioned here I decided to use a nice flowable silicone sealant as glue. I've used it before on a third brake light on my Tundra where the rubber seal dried out. This stuff is real flowabbe and gets into tight areas. I repaired the two that were coming loose and ran a full length bead along those and all the others for good measure. I get it at Oriellys and it's called VersaChem flowable silicone Windshield & glass sealer. Clear and waterproof.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a black knob and a clear/gray knob, one at either end. Do you know which one does what?