User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DEF Fluid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are pulling a trailer..carry an extra 2.5 or 5.0 gallons of DEF. You can get it almost anywhere.. Walmart, most if not all fuel stations, auto parts places, etc. It can burn DEF when towing..depending on the weight. Your tank is most likely a 5-gallon tank. Newer truck's DEF tanks are larger and you have an actual gauge one can view.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only buy DEF at the truck stop unless we are getting low and not readily available (only happened once). It is MUCH cheaper (less than $3 a gal.) at a truck stop than buying by the gallon at Walmart/O'Reilly's etc.

Good luck and safe travels.
    John & Margo Cooper
    Retired & Loving Life
    2017 F250
    2014 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a large funnel that sticks in the DEF intake and I use the fuel cover to hold it in place by closing it as much as it will permit. Then I pour in the fuel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.. that year did not have a gauge. Only either OK or 1/2... At 1/2 it should take a 2.5-gallon container of DEF. My 2013 F250 was the same way..

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just do a DEF delete and you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A neighbor did that on his Ford diesel. The shop changed a number of things..dropped the DEF and changed out the exhaust system, etc. It ran about 2K. The result was more power and better fuel mileage..

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a new Ram diesel in 2017. Took it in with 5,000 miles on the truck and had the def deleted, egr removed, cold air intake put on it, and exhaust changed. They also put a mild tune that gets me about 40 more hp and some additional torque. Now have 50k miles on the truck pulling my Solitude and absolutely no issues.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2017 RAM 3500 takes almost 5 gallons. Much cheaper to buy at a truck stop. Fill slowly or it will overflow. The dashboard will start warning you when you have 200 miles to go. Doesn't hurt to carry at 2 1/2 to one gallon carton with you in case you get stuck between gas stations and stores having DEF. Not all do. When I first got the truck, I got about 2,000 miles on a fill-up. Now that I have 70,000 miles on the truck, I get close to 3,000 miles.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    You can solve all those in/out problems and leaving your card if you get an EFS card (TSD Logistics). I can use the truck pumps just like a normal pump, pull up, insert card, start pumping diesel and then DEF (if I want it). The ground and handles are still covered with diesel, no fixing that, but they pump super fast (3X or so faster than a normal pump) so at least you don't have to stand in a puddle of fuel for long.
    And if you for some reason don't want the EFS card (I can't imagine why you wouldn't) you can get the Loves card and have them turn on "pay at the pump". I did that last year and used it like that until I got the EFS card back in March.

I will not buy DEF from the truck stop pumps as my nephew has had to drain the DEF tanks on many semi's from having bad DEF.

Get the supertech or higher price if you prefer, and keep it in a cool place if you store it
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 Ram.2500 my DEF pump has gone bad twice. When this happened my DEF dashboard gauge always read full. First replacement was covered by the truck warranty. This second time (just recently) the ram dealership said the pump had corroded and it's probably not going to be covered by my extended warranty and going to cost me about $3000 to fix. Very upsetting.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast