Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to add an accessory receiver hitch to my 230rl

My 230rl did not come with an accessory receiver hitch. I'd like to add one so that I could add a bike rack for our 2 ebikes.

Is there anyone in Colorado that's had one installed? if so where and how much? I reached out to one local hitch shop and they quoted me $2000-$2500 which seems nuts. I see etrailer.com has the part for $350, I was assuming under $500 to install? Let me know what your experiences have been.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp...35-946403.html

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this one better. https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp...urt/13703.html Fits better on an I-Beam frame.

I bolted mine on, then welded it. Though my welding works for the things I use it for on the farm, I never trust it. Maybe I’m better than I think.

IMO, shouldn’t cost more than $300-$500 to have a pro welder install one plus the cost of the hitch.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John. $500 or less is what I was assuming, appreciate the confirmation.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same challenge with wanting to install a bike rack on my 230rl. I read allot of threads where others have concerns with the amount of "whip" generated at the rear of the trailer.
    Many who had bike racks attached to the rear of trailers reported damage to the bikes and/or racks themselves. I opted to install a hitch to the front of my GMC Sierra. No drilling required, only had to trim some plastic shielding Cost was $200 and was able to install it myself. Purchased the hitch on etrailer.