User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Owner - Basic questions - Access, Gray Tanks, Converter

I have a newly purchased 2020 GD Transcend 31RLK and have a few questions and would appreciate any help you can give me.

1. How do you access the area where the furnace and water pump are located? The manual shows a couple pictures that show drawers being removed, but the 31RLK only has a top row of drawers and one cupboard door, but all of the panels are all stapled in. I can take out the top drawers and see into the area but can’t access it without knocking out panels. I am missing something? It looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cupboards.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	27646

2. The 31RLK has 3 gray water tanks and advertises 107 Gallons of capacity. In reality it seems one of these tanks is reserved for a washer and unused. I can’t find the volume of the individual tanks. Does anyone have this information?

3. My batteries are not charging when I am hooked to shore power. I have checked the breaker on the Converter and it is fine. Is there something else I should be looking at? I assume the converter is located in the compartment that I can’t access.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
    Last edited by robhumphreys; 06-29-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    Rob & Linda
    2020 Grand Design Transcend 31 RLK
    2018 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 6.7 Liter Powerstroke
    Oregon

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robhumphreys View Post
    3. My batteries are not charging when I am hooked to shore power.
    Is your battery switch on? If it's off (handle can be removed), I'm pretty sure it won't get charged if plugged into shore power.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's on. I have turned it on or off a few times to make sure, but no change.

Thanks.
    Rob & Linda
    Oregon

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's on. I have turned it on or off a few times to make sure, but no change.

Thanks.
    Are both the main breaker and converter breaker on? There are also fuses on the converter that blow if the battery gets hooked up backwards.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main Breaker and Converter Breaker are good. I had read there may be a fuse to look at, but that is what lead me to my first question in the original post, I don't know how to get at the converter without tearing panels off. All the panels are stapled in from the inside and there is no access (see picture in original post). Do owners just tear these off and try to come up with some other approach to re-attach the panels?

Thanks.
    Rob & Linda
    Oregon

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main Breaker and Converter Breaker are good. I had read there may be a fuse to look at, but that is what lead me to my first question in the original post, I don't know how to get at the converter without tearing panels off. All the panels are stapled in from the inside and there is no access (see picture in original post). Do owners just tear these off and try to come up with some other approach to re-attach the panels?

Thanks.
    No, should not have to do that at all. They don't put anything behind structure that would have to be torn out. There may certainly be panels and parts to remove with screw fasteners, but never a need to blow apart stapled pieces. I'm sure someone with your model will chime in with a little time. In the meantime, what can you see when you remove the drawers? Regarding the tanks, you can call Grand Design customer service with your question. Have your VIN ready. For that matter, CS might help you troubleshoot too.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there I have also had similar questions.
    The grey tanks do have 3 different spots... I can't attach a picture from my phone but the order of them are as follows: AUX= washer connection in closet. The drain for that is in the logical spot, nearest the bedroom.
    GRY1= bathroom sink and shower. The drain for that is closest to the kitchen, sharing a pipe with the black tank. GRY2 is for the kitchen. And it's drain handle is actually black in color.. but it is your grey water.

In order to see some of the interior workings, I took panels off. None in the kitchen, but under the bathroom sink and on the opposite side, in the bedroom. I had a drip and wanted to make sure the water didn't sit. The water pump is on the bathroom side. I actually put a little knob on the panel and used velcro to close it. I think they should be more accessible too. It is also a nice spot for some little tools and whatnot.

I have not tried my battery power, except once when it came on automatically. The power went out and it worked fine. Mine shows fully charged, but i don't know much about it.