Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to remove a/c ceiling vents

I've searched all over and can't find it discussed before. I'm trying to remove my ceiling a/c vents to do a little modification. I'm scared I'm going to break something. I have pried with a screw driver around at the ceiling noticed some screws going into the ceiling from the ring that the vent rotates in. How in the heck are those things put up there?
    Thanks, Michael
    2018 Refection 303 RLS
    2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.7 Powerstroke SRW Long bed
    2011 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra
    Brenham, Tx

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewalker103 View Post
    I've searched all over and can't find it discussed before. I'm trying to remove my ceiling a/c vents to do a little modification. I'm scared I'm going to break something. I have pried with a screw driver around at the ceiling noticed some screws going into the ceiling from the ring that the vent rotates in. How in the heck are those things put up there?
    Thanks, Michael
    Pry harder lol. Don't worry. My kids broke the movable louvers in their bunk room, and when I tried to get that vent off (there are different types in the trailer depending on location), the whole unit WITH the screws came off the ceiling. I couldn't repair the louvers so I had to order a whole new vent cover. I screw it back into the ceiling but I rotated it so that I could screw into virgin board. The old screw holes were stripped.

The vents in the kitchen however, came apart with some prying. Just use enough force and the louver part of the vent comes off.

Make sure you get your hand up in there and feel for the hvac foil tape around the vent cover frame. On my trailer almost every single one was poorly sealed. The foil tape was not even pushed down completely allowing cold air to get under the ceiling board instead of going into the duct. Also the raised foil edges acted as an obstruction. After I properly sealed all the vents, I noticed a substantial improvement in the flow out of the vents. Good luck and I hope this helps.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just reach up inside the louvers and pull down?
    2018 Refection 303 RLS
    Brenham, Tx

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewalker103 View Post
    So just reach up inside the louvers and pull down?
    Not exactly. The round vents with adjustable louver are two pieces. The louver snaps into the base. You need to get you fingers between the two pieces. Where you saw screws, that's the base. So get your fingers in at 2 spots, 180 degrees a parts and pop the louver part off. Should you break one, not a crisis. They're $7-10 depending where you buy them. Super common to find too.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I just saw a video etrailer how one goes together. It should just unsnap or something like that.
    Thanks
    2018 Refection 303 RLS
    Brenham, Tx

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to remove a/c ceiling vents

I have the same question, however only my bedroom have the adjustable louvers, the rest of the camper has fixed louvers that rotate. I have been unable to remove them. Pulled and the entire ceiling panel flexed downward, figured I will stop until I get the 411 on these. Any quick tips on these?
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I have the same question, however only my bedroom have the adjustable louvers, the rest of the camper has fixed louvers that rotate. I have been unable to remove them. Pulled and the entire ceiling panel flexed downward, figured I will stop until I get the 411 on these. Any quick tips on these?
    They should just pull off. I had to replace the one in the bathroom.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing a/c vent louvers.

I used some plastic pry tools I got for a dashboard install. If you can find something similar it keeps you from marring the plastic. The louvered outside ring has three snap connections inside. Once you get the first one unsnapped it’s easy to get the other two. Of course mine is a 2021 model and may be different. It should snap back in place when your finished. If you need to take the whole vent off the screws are exposed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4A59135A-81BC-4182-B3E8-18D063ED32E3.jpg  

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Swaman,

Got the out and sealed with ac tape between the ducting and the register.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS