User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pressure regator

Just thinking....should the water pressure regulator be before or after the inline filter at the source?
    Never really thought about it until now. I do have the adjustable regulator with gauge.
    Thanms all in advance

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Just thinking....should the water pressure regulator be before or after the inline filter at the source?
    Never really thought about it until now. I do have the adjustable regulator with gauge.
    Thanms all in advance
    I also have an adjustable regulator and that is the first thing I attach to the supply, then the filter. Not sure if that affects the filter performance or not?
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanms all in advance
    We have our regulator after the filter just before the trailer. Our thinking is that the filter will reduce the pressure some. If the regulator is before the filter then you will have the pressure that you set.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of different ways to hook up. I put the regulator onto the hook up spigot. This reduces the sometimes incredible camp water pressure on everything down stream from the regulator, hose, water filter, trailer plumbing etc...
    I connect the filter to the city water feed with a 90º elbow, so the water filter is in the stowage/connection space. Only reason I do this is so I can flush the camp water service line with the hose attached, lets me direct the water flow to a spot that does not create a puddle and does not clog up the water filter.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always kept both the filter and my (not cheap) adjustable regulator inside the utility bay - for security reasons on the regulator and to prevent freezing in the winter for both the regulator and the filter. (We use a heated hose and insulation on the water standpipe in the winter.) In our Solitude, the filter is built in, so the regulator goes before the filter (but still inside the utility bay).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We have our regulator after the filter just before the trailer. Our thinking is that the filter will reduce the pressure some. If the regulator is before the filter then you will have the pressure that you set.
    Doesn't that seem like quite a bit of weight hanging on the plastic city water inlet?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thinking....should the water pressure regulator be before or after the inline filter at the source? Never really thought about it until now. I do have the adjustable regulator with gauge. Thanms all in advance
    In my opinion - just another internet opinion - the reason we use a pressure regulator is to minimize the risk to ALL of our plumbing of over-high or surged water pressure. All of our plumbing may include an inline filter.

Therefore the regulator comes first, as close as possible to the end of the supply hose.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-30-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't that seem like quite a bit of weight hanging on the plastic city water inlet?
    Doesn't have to be. I really like these 3-foot very-flexible hoses:

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-Gar...3550506&sr=8-1
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I have our pressure regulator connected to the water inlet where the hose attaches to the Nautilus system. It has worked well there, never have to worry about leaving it behind and when in freezing weather it will stay warm, or at least above freezing.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a semi-permanent mounted pressure gage/regulator before my filter, but I also put a blue camco filter on the hose spigot before the regulator. My pressure gage is installed with a quick disconnect, so it easily comes out for winter or any other reason I need it out. Most "regulators" that are very low cost are actually flow reducers, they dont really regulate pressure which is why I went with the setup I have, fully adjustable and actually regulated pressure. I also use a quick connect fitting to attach my hose to the inlet of the regulator, not shown in this picture. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191020_141405.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	27677

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast