User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Murphy Bed upgrade in 17MKE???

We have an Imagine XLS 17MKE and we are currently using the mattress that came with the trailer and a 4" foam topper that we cut to fit the existing mattress. This works good and we can still close the Murphy bed easily and it latches without excess strain on anything. I know there are some places that will custom make a mattress and those can get pretty expensive. But I was considering trying something and wanted to know if anyone else had done it. Sams club sells a queen foam mattress for approximately $200.00. We have one on my daughter's bed at home and it is actually quite nice. I was thinking about buying another one of these and cutting a slot into the mattress to help with the "fold" in the Murphy bed. I don't necessarily want to spend $1000 on a custom mattress but I don't want to ruin a $200 mattress either. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Rep-o-Texas; 06-30-2020 at 11:09 AM.
    Allen and Cyndi
    Imagine XLS 17MKE (2021)
    Pulled with a 2019 Toyota Tundra 1794 4X4
    In Amarillo, Texas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Milliard Bedding. We bought one of their tri-folding memory foam queens for our 239ML Murphy bed.

Very comfortable and you never noticed the seams. It also folded perfectly behind the couch.

Unfortunatly it looks like they're currently out of stock, but Amazon and overstock also carry them.

https://www.milliardbedding.com/prod...ottom-queen-2/

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same bad mattress in my 17 MKE. Have you contacted GD or Sealy to see if they are obligated to help us? We pd top dollar to get a camper we cannot stand to sleep in.
    Last edited by Gertrude69; 02-20-2023 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Murphy Bed upgrade in 17MKE???

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude69 View Post
    I have the same bad mattress in my 17 MKE. Have you contacted GD or Seely to see if they are obligated to help us? We pd top dollar to get a camper we cannot stand to sleep in.
    I sleep on my stock seely mattress.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I sleep on my stock seely mattress.
    That is great. I am glad you are satisfied with your mattress. Non of us wanted the mattress in our new GD RV to fail.
    We have used ours for a couple months. It has a 3”drop at the seam between the large section and the small section.
    Last edited by Gertrude69; 02-20-2023 at 07:12 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to burst a bubble but top dollar for a 17MKE doesn't get you much. Prices post Covid are hugely inflated. Unfortunately the inflated price wasn't because of upgraded products inside the TT. Murphy beds vs regular beds make for lesser quality mattresses. One reason is that murphy style beds are usually in smaller lower priced TT's. Not a big market for that style mattress vs a standard 60x80 queen walkaround.
    I always look at mattresses and recliners as throwaway items when deciding on what RV to buy. Most are cheap and not really intended for 40-60 nights a year use. Both will fail way way sooner than better quality products you buy for your home.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. That is your opinion. We must agree to disagree. I believe consumers have a right to expect and RV Manufacturers have an obligation to provide a useable long term mattress in a camper.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. That is your opinion. We must agree to disagree. I believe consumers have a right to expect and RV Manufacturers have an obligation to provide a useable long term mattress in a camper.
    Then give them a call. I know what the answer will be though
    What someone likes in a mattress isn’t always what another will like So what can they do?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same bad mattress in my 17 MKE. Have you contacted GD or Sealy to see if they are obligated to help us? We pd top dollar to get a camper we cannot stand to sleep in.
    Try lying down to sleep instead of standing.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At that price point it ain't gonna happen. Guessing this is your 1st low priced TT. And how would any manufacture know what my sleeping needs are? You like a firm mattress and I like a soft mattress. How does that work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast