User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping COVID positive a secret

Some people are morons.

My son in law just found out that his 21 year old, recent college graduate niece tested positive for COVID. She has not told any family members other than her younger cousin. She is STILL GOING TO WORK at her summer job making smoothies because she “needs the money.”

My SIL is all over this today. He will get it fixed.

What is wrong with the younger generation? This girl graduated college with honors but doesn’t have common sense.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the recurring theme now-a-days, no common sense.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt she is alone in this irresponsible behaviour, lots of folks don’t have the social safety net to provide for lost income. Trust your son-in-law will be able to resolve.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Some people are morons.

My son in law just found out that his 21 year old, recent college graduate niece tested positive for COVID. She has not told any family members other than her younger cousin. She is STILL GOING TO WORK at her summer job making smoothies because she “needs the money.”

My SIL is all over this today. He will get it fixed.

What is wrong with the younger generation? This girl graduated college with honors but doesn’t have common sense.
    Not sure it's "common sense". I think there's a large lack of concern about the other guy in this situation from a lot of (younger) people. Sort of "Oh, well, I'm sick, but I'm still going to expose others. It's their problem if they get it." attitude. Sad.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Not sure it's "common sense". I think there's a large lack of concern about the other guy in this situation from a lot of (younger) people. Sort of "Oh, well, I'm sick, but I'm still going to expose others. It's their problem if they get it." attitude. Sad.
    Exactly this. People know exactly what can (and sadly will) happen to some when exposed to COVID. And they know that doing things like going to work with it will very likely cause exactly that to happen. It's just simple "I gotta get mine" mentality. This is just an extension of the "American Spirit" which has caused us to do some wonderful things, and sadly, now, is causing some awful things. We're not a collective society, we're an "every man/woman for him/herself" society. And that bleeds through all over the place, income disparity, inequality, lack of care/concern for others (in 100's of different areas, COVID is just one of them). We just don't like/care about one another very much in aggregate, IMHO, because there are way too many of us to actually care about. It's like finding a single kitten vs finding 200 kittens; you're gonna be destroyed if the one kitten you find dies, if you find 200, well, one dying is still a loss, but much less so.

I'm just as guilty as anyone, when I used to travel, I'd often go to big cities with a massive homeless problem (San Fran) and step over the people sleeping/laying on the streets like they aren't even there. In my home town, if you laid on a sidewalk for 2 minutes, someone would stop and help or ask you what's wrong. In the big city, 10,000 people will pass by, none will so much as see you there.

We're struggling with the realization that we're going to become like other massively dense countries where they've worn masks for years because that's "not us". Well, guess what? If you want to live as others do, with the same level of density, you're going to have to take the same precautions as they do.

Every man for himself, sadly, is the order of the day. It's also the reason I'm so vocal about getting N95's available. People won't wear a mask to protect other people, but, if you give me a mask that will protect THEM and not other people, I think we'll see a shift in behavior because now, it's about them and their health.

It's stuff like this though that makes me just laugh when they say "contact tracing" on TV. Yeah, right. Good luck with that, you can't even get people who are KNOWN positive to stay away from other people, you think they're going to give you a list of everyone they had contact with? Like they even KNOW who they've had contact with?! It's a fools errand, spend the time making masks so those of us who care/want to be protected from the virus can be and, sadly, let nature take her course; it's all we can do. And it probably means some not insignificant portion of this country dies, .5-2% would be reasonable guesses based on what we know today. But apparently asking the healthy (me) to stay home and "Neflix and chill" and if you must go out, wear a mask is just too much for us as a people. The same people who sent our sons across the ocean for years on end to protect the world from the Axis is now a world where a few months of masks is just too much. It's sad, but I think that's the reality of what we're seeing.

Also, isn't she in exactly the group who's making more money on unemployment than going to work given the stimulus?! Or doesn't she have enough credits to qualify for UI?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is not alone! It is at the core of why we may see another county here in PA go backwards in the reopening. That is, workers positive that went back to work with bar/restaurant reopening and believed to be ground zero of a rash of new cases with that establishment in common...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't trust anyone these days. It's a lack of common sense but far more so a total lack concern/care for other people. This is exactly why everyone needs some N95's, and need to wear them when you go anywhere.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boss should fire her [I cussed here - mod edit]

No call for that.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only young people in Ukraine have no common sense, but also some doctors. My neighbors have got the virus (elderly husband and wife). He has a heavy form, and she has a lung. The doctors called her and told her to bring the money to the hospital, otherwise her husband would be disconnected from the machine. She explained that she had the virus and therefore could not come, but the doctors said that they did not care. And she was on public transport carrying money among people...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can't tell the name and address of the shop she works at, at least tell us the town she works in. thanks.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast