Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Full time winter recommendations to reflection 315rlts

Hi fellow owners

I am just the process of purchasing a GDRV 315rlts reflection tt. The intended use is to park it at a ski hill and use it through the winter and summer. I have been reading a lot of recommendations in the forums around 3m ceramic glass treatment etc. Skirting the trailer and a few others.

I won’t be at the trailer for a week or 2 at a time. How do I maintain heat? I have the fireplace an the 2 30 gallon tanks. At this site we only have electricity which is good so no water or waste in the trailer to worry about. Do I leave the trailer winterized and close it up between uses or invest in a large propane tank to maintain an norm temp during the winter?

Any other recommendations to deal with roof snow load, blocking landing gear, skirting suggestion and or sealing for warmth around slides etc is also appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping someone had advice for you...cause we'd like some too. We are considering leaving our propane heater on real low (45 degrees?), but worried about having it on with the slides in.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some thoughts, I wouldn't worry about heating it while gone if its winterized. If it was me and I was only going to use the RV for a week or weekend every 2 or 3 weeks I would leave it winterized, in other words RV antifreeze through out the water system and water heater drained. I would use bottled water and gallon jugs of water while at the RV. I would leave the propane turned off while gone. Once you arrive at the RV then use the propane furnace and maybe with electric heaters to warm it up. If I had campground bathroom facilities to use while there, great. If not you could use the propane stove to heat up water for washing and such, but you'll have to figure out how to deal with wastewater in the tanks since you have no sewer connections.
    Skirting the RV to conserve heat doesn't seem cost effective for the limited time you will be using it for a weekend or week of skiing every 3 weeks or so. The Reflection 315 I think is pretty good for enclosed and heated underbelly, at least enough for a week or weekend of skiing.

To me it would not be worth my time and antifreeze to go through winterizing it everytime I wanted to use it for a weekend. A week maybe, but you still need a plan to deal with wastewater in the tanks if you use them. I would not run heaters of any kind in the RV while I was gone for 2 or 3 weeks.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, a little late to the party. We winter at a ski resort and see several TT's that are here for weekenders. Mostly they keep them "winterized" and dry camp. Some are skirted some are not. If you are set up to allow the unit to freeze while you are gone then you won't arrive to a mess. Without worrying about freezing then some mild electrical heat will keep things going and the batteries charged. I wouldn't try to keep it fully heated, while the propane heaters are pretty decent they do fail.

Snow removal get's to be an issue. If you don't hire a service a nice 3 foot dump will cause parking issues and extra work when you arrive. At Whistler I saw a TT roof cave in, weekender who hadn't been there for a while, good snow fall, then some rain, then some really cold freezing days, then a 3 foot dump of wet snow. The combination of ice and heavy snow was just too much. But it took months for that to happen.

I like heat shrink window insulation kits, wally world or HD. Landing gear you need some type of sacrificial material to keep the metal from freezing to the concrete. Plastic pads or wood is good. In my old 5th wheel I used painters tape around the edge of the slides. The seals do a pretty good job but my old trailer had some seepage, just stop the air from moving.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750