User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marie, not rude to ask at all! We got our 29RS at $35k! If they quoted you $37k for the same model, then they need to come down! The only wiggle they may give is that we bought ours at the Macomb show. We were told the mfg'ers pay for the building lease at that show, and in Novi, the dealers have to rent their sites, and if we waited we'd most likely pay more.

Worth a try seeing if they'll drop the two grand! Let me know how it goes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.....here we are still waiting to finalize the deal! I keep telling myself that we can't take delivery right now of our new rig because of the snow, but it would be nice to hear from the dealership that things are moving along, we can expect...blah..blah!

This is the second time we've dealt with this dealership....they pretty much have the Michigan monopoly, and I'm starting to get a sinking feeling this is going to be a dissapointing experience......again!

mag814
    This is the second time we've dealt with this dealership....they pretty much have the Michigan monopoly, and I'm starting to get a sinking feeling this is going to be a dissapointing experience......again!
    What kind of problems did you have with this dealership in the last transaction Bruce and Terry?
    Marie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marie, our issues we felt were all about General RV making the sale and from there, being not so proactive when it comes to customer service! We learned, and hope this time around we will be better aware of what to expect on our PDI.

With our Laredo, when we went for our PDI.....which you pay for, it was handled by a kid! Because we were told the guy who normally handled that was not in that day. That was our first time buying a new rv, so we thought it was about showing us how everything works.......not realizing it was about making SURE everything works!

Once we got our unit home, we realized they didn't go thru the rig to make sure everything was working as it should.

I could give more details, but that would Take a book!!! Lol

mag814
    Thanks for the heads up Bruce and Terry, always good to be aware of what could go wrong I found a good PDI list here, maybe you already found it but here is the link just in case. I had heard that they will bring the unit into the showroom for inspection, with this bitter cold, I am sure hoping they do.
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...1503-Checklist
    We talked to Edna tonight and our rig is supposed to be delivered on Thursday, so we are getting close. Got a new truck a couple months ago so getting a hitch installed on Wednesday. Next just need to get our trade in down to them. Starting to get real! All's good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya Marie! I got a call yesterday from Chris telling me our's has arrived and to make an appt to come in. Since this saturday is booked, we will go next saturday to sign final papers, do the PDI and make the trade in! I am super excited and getting VERY anxious for this weather to warm up and melt all this snow!

Thank you for the PDI link! That will be very helpful!! When will you be getting yours?? When you go, they will have your rig in one of the bays out of the weather, so that will be good! Make sure the air, furnace, microwave....etc are all functioning! Operate the slides and awning and go over workmanship with a fine tooth comb. Hubs needs to go up on the roof and check everything out on top, especially the roofing material!

Oh, and where are you getting your hitch?

Hope we run into each other sometime while camping! Will be great to share the experience!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PDI should include the checking and tightening of each and every screw on the trailer. Also check each piece of trim. I had many loose and broken screws including on the awning mounting strip, the door striker plates, cabinet hinges and along the inside of the skirting. These units take a lot of vibration when on the road and the maiden voyage from the factory offers the first shake up.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, didn't think about checking the screws!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design sent me a bag of rivets to replace the broken screws that I found on the awning.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

mag814
    Bruce and Terry, this is where we had our hitch installed. We like to use local owned shops when we can. Good price and quick install. They did a great job.
    http://www.autostylers.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast