Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 22mle

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 22mle

We are scheduled to pick up our camper next Friday the 10th. I would appreciate suggestions from 22MLE owners about things we should focus on during our inspection. Any issues you have had that we need to look at?

Thanks!
    Bill & Kathy
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 w/ 3.5L Turbo, Max Tow Package

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic2 View Post
    We are scheduled to pick up our camper next Friday the 10th. I would appreciate suggestions from 22MLE owners about things we should focus on during our inspection. Any issues you have had that we need to look at?

Thanks!
    Pretty much the same list for all RVs works. Check everything. Outlets, slide outs, curtains, light switches, fridge running?, oven, furnace, water heater. TV. All drawers and doors open and close correctly? Awning opens/closes. and on, and on, and on. Take your time, you want to make sure it's all good. Any, and everything that has a moving part.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second lingthelife. Take your time, dont rush, dont feel pressured. Go in, on top and under and in everything. It sounds like a lot but it's not that bad. Plan for a couple of hours.
    On ours, it was just minor details that will be addressed later. Our dealer, as with many, are really back logged cause of the Covid closure. We have a sticky window, bathroom door that is hard to open when closed and the drawer below the stove that does stay close when traveling. Other then that, everything checked. Do a search on this forum, someone had posted 3 pretty detailed pdi check list. 1 general, 2 5th wheel, 3 tt.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and congrats and welcome. It took us 2 years of casually search for a great floor plan. We really love it and as a bonus is the forum community an GD that stands by their product.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic2 View Post

Thanks!
    Good suggestions from others.

We had two issues we did not pick up during PDI. The main breaker was a 15amp, not 30amp. Secondly, one of our recliners does not vibrate. Breaker is fixed now but waiting for another time for the recliner which is not a biggie.

On another thread someone with a 22mle said to put the slide in/out several times. Evidentially they had an issue during their first camp out.

Make sure your tires have 65psi before leaving and take a torque wrench to check wheel lug nuts or ask the dealer to check them while you’re there. There were a few I torqued that were not at 100 ft lbs.

Good luck and enjoy your new adventure!
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Good suggestions from others.

We had two issues we did not pick up during PDI. The main breaker was a 15amp, not 30amp. Secondly, one of our recliners does not vibrate. Breaker is fixed now but waiting for another time for the recliner which is not a biggie.

On another thread someone with a 22mle said to put the slide in/out several times. Evidentially they had an issue during their first camp out.

Make sure your tires have 65psi before leaving and take a torque wrench to check wheel lug nuts or ask the dealer to check them while you’re there. There were a few I torqued that were not at 100 ft lbs.

Good luck and enjoy your new adventure!
    I had the same issue with the recliner. There is a cable that’s goes from the seat to the back and the connector was loose on mine.
    Don & Kim
    2018 Ram Rebel 1500
    2021 Grand Design 22MLE
    1990 REI 4 Dom Tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the question. I'm scheduled to pick mine up on the 10th as well. Great insight. However, I'm very disappointed that the dealer stated that the they would only accommodate a 90 min inspection/ orientation. So I will have to be strategic in my approach and spend my time wisely.

On the off chance that you have not come across them, there are a few PDI forms located in the reference section of the forum. They appeared to have been updated overtime and contain some great information.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy22 View Post
    Thanks for the question. I'm scheduled to pick mine up on the 10th as well. Great insight. However, I'm very disappointed that the dealer stated that the they would only accommodate a 90 min inspection/ orientation. So I will have to be strategic in my approach and spend my time wisely.

On the off chance that you have not come across them, there are a few PDI forms located in the reference section of the forum. They appeared to have been updated overtime and contain some great information.
    IMO, the dealer only allowing you 90 minutes is unacceptable. What if it the 90 minutes is "up" and you haven't tested/learned about everything? Will they allow you not to accept the rig? Perhaps you could make an offer of only taking up 90 minutes of their time on consecutive days. Be sure to ask about hooking up onsite for the overnight stay.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops62 View Post
    I had the same issue with the recliner. There is a cable that’s goes from the seat to the back and the connector was loose on mine.
    Thank you for your reply. I will take a look.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy22 View Post

I don’t know how your dealer handles PDIs. Ours let us do the PDI before finalizing the paper work and handing over the check; we didn’t need to ask for this. However, our sale was in “November” 2019. You are buying during the height of sales. Maybe that is your leverage. Don’t sign the papers until PDI is complete?
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast