User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is It Worth It?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing to complain about from me. A couple of small issues that they sent me the parts and I did the fix. As @Muddman says, I like tinkering and fixing things for the most part. I'm sure there will be an issue at some point that I may not have the skills to repair. I have friends who will have them though. One last thing. When I called about the heat shield for the Convection/Microwave, I brought up my cargo door being warped. My rig was out of warranty. She (the regional rep) asked for pics. I sent them, she said she would see what she could do. Several days later she emailed me and said that Lippert had approved the door and was sending it to me (she asked if I would do the repair or did I want the dealer to do it). The door arrived 4 or 5 days later. No bad experience, no run around, just straight up service. Note - I did not have to call Lippert - she did. I know that may not be the case for some, but it has been for me.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexSol20 View Post
    Hello to all!

So, we are in the process of determining exactly what we want in a Solitude 380FL. However, as I read through posts, I am totally questioning whether or not to even go with GD. From visits to RV shows and dealerships, the quality of GD RVs was still above other ones we have seen. Yet, many comments in these forums seem to indicate considerable problems. Is this common for any brand of RV? While it may be blasphemy here, does anyone recommend a different RV?

Many thanks to all the wonderful members here.

v/r

TexSol20
    Hello. I think you will find any RV is going to have a few issues. We have a 2020 Solitude 310GK that had a wiring issue we discovered on our shakedown trip. Our Solitude is our 3rd coach from Grand Design. Before we ordered the Solitude, I went to two different dealerships and went to their respective service departments, and asked them, “Of all the manufacturers you represent, who is your favorite manufacturer to work with?” Both dealerships said Grand Design. Our experience is Grand Design stands behind their products and is very easy to work with when dealing with a warranty issue.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi 2019sd.. we just bought our 2021 268bh and feel the same way about the jacks. I called lippert and they said to do the string test. It clears but still only about 4inchs off the ground. We can barley back in the driveway. Any help with a serial number or how to identify these are the wrong jacks would be great.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Visit every single RV forum on the internet and what you find is the culmination of complaints. Unfortunately, that's modern human society - kudos are rare but criticism is plentiful.

That said, most of these boards have a member count you can see. For instance this one is 23,316 members as of right this moment. Now give GD a call and ask them how many units are produced in a production year, and you'll arrive at there are a lot more units on the roads full of happy campers. Are there problems - sure. Does every brand have problems - absolutely. If you read enough here, you will find we talk about this subject every so often - usually with the surge of fresh interest such as beginning and end of season, after the big RV shows.

So, if it helps you any as a data point, my wife and I have owned 2 Fleetwood products from new, 3 Forest River products from new, a Jayco from new and we purchased our first 5er with Grand Design new last Fall. We had been shopping 2 years and had arrived at our floorplan early-on and compared it in the FR Cardinal Luxury, in the two high-ends of Jayco, in HR's Open Range line, in the Keystone Montana, and ultimately selected GD... GD checked the majority of the boxes in our must-have list.
    Geotex, It has been awhile since you posted this answer and I see you haven't returned to further reply. In light of your experiences with your 5W and what you went through to get it fixed as well as musings about a custom built unit would your advice be the same?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456