User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GM factory trailer TPMS

Anyone with the new 2020 1 Ton Sierra/Silverado with the factory trailer TPMS capability actually installed the sensors?
    Curious how well it works and how much the sensors were.
    Thx
    -Rob-
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested in this as well!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See my post in this section on tow vehicles. After much head scratching and testing and reading of forums etc. I have mine working. First the OEM sensors were too small for the wheels on my Grand Design Solitude. I had the stems changed to the larger .625 to solve that problem. You can only set the pressure to 100 in the setup but the sensors will read 102 lbs. all the time on the tires on the Solitude that run at 110. Last point is that GM has an engineering problem in that they located the receiver called the TPMS-ECU on a plastic bracket located behind the rear license plate which blocks the signal from the wheel sensors. If you remove your rear mounted license plate it will most likely pick up all of the sensors reliably, but this is not a good fix in my opinion. I modified a TPMS-ECU that I bought from Ebay to have an external antenna as a fix until GM offers one of their own.