User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And, when you dump, use the black tank flush..a LOT. Yeah, they warn you not to use it with the valve closed. Could be bad if you overfill the tank (it can even shoot out of the vent on the top of the trailer!). But if you pay attention....

Get one of the clear attachments, so you can see what is coming out.

I dump. Then close the valve. Start the BT flush. Let it run for 3 min, according to my phone timer. Then dump again.
    Repeat
    Repeat

It is amazing that sometimes even on the last cycle, as the flow gets to almost nothing, there can still be bits that come out. If so, I continue repeating until all is clear.
    When done, put several gallons of water back into the tank - I fill the toilet 3-4 times, and flush.

Only on the last trip of the year will I not put extra water in the tank. Don't want a big chunk of ice forming in the tank.

Only rarely have reading issues, and a good cleaning as above resolves it.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    And, when you dump, use the black tank flush..a LOT. Yeah, they warn you not to use it with the valve closed. Could be bad if you overfill the tank (it can even shoot out of the vent on the top of the trailer!). But if you pay attention....

Get one of the clear attachments, so you can see what is coming out.

I dump. Then close the valve. Start the BT flush. Let it run for 3 min, according to my phone timer. Then dump again.
    Repeat
    Repeat

It is amazing that sometimes even on the last cycle, as the flow gets to almost nothing, there can still be bits that come out. If so, I continue repeating until all is clear.
    When done, put several gallons of water back into the tank - I fill the toilet 3-4 times, and flush.

Only on the last trip of the year will I not put extra water in the tank. Don't want a big chunk of ice forming in the tank.

Only rarely have reading issues, and a good cleaning as above resolves it.
    i do the same except i let the flush run for 8 minutes. i do it till the water stays clear. Usually takes 4 times with the 4th being a just to be sure. Our blank tank reading at least is good. the two grays,oh well.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After we empty our blank tank at a rv park, it always shows 1/3 full. Never empty. We are fortunate to have a dump on the side of our house where we store it. We will add borax and dawn dish soap, fill it up and let it sit a few days, then empty. Works every time.
    We've also kept a little water and dawn dish soap in while we drive to slosh around to loosen the crap. We'll do this when we know we are going to a full hook up spot. We've also used some tide laundry soap when dish soap wasn't available.
    Good luck
    John & Margo Cooper
    Retired & Loving Life
    2017 F250
    2014 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200712-002152_Amazon Shopping.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	27997
    Had the same problem. No matter how long I used the black tank spray my panel showed 3/4 full. I bought a
    Camco RV Flexible Swivel Stik from Amazon and it fixed the problem. I use the black tank spray and then run a water hose through the bathroom window and give it a good spray. You can also feel it hit the bottom of the black tank so you know you have no build up on the bottom. The several times I've used it the swivel has came out of the toilet surprisingly clean and I store in the bumper inside the black tank hose. I have had zero black tank issues since using.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They never read accurately, learn to do some calculations. I quite worrying about it long ago.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i do the geo method, i do it before i leave the campsite. ive followed this plan on our last unit for over 2 years - never an odour, andnever a sensor issue - good luck? good method? im no sure. but it works for me

heres my routine. while camping, i use either unique tank treatment or happy camper. i always use 25% more than the recommended dose. i keep both tanks closed until full - and yes, lots of water to flush the toilet. on pack up day, i drain the black tank, then refill with water - full. i do this until the water runs clear. usually clear on the first rinse after the initial tank dump - but i sometimes do it twice. then on to the greey tank. same process, oh and yes, same tank treatment for grey as black.

now, for the black only, i use a geo method recipie of Dawn, Foca laundry soap, calgon and borax. i mix that up in 5 gallon pail and dissolve in warm water. down the toilet it goes. i then rinse the full 5 gallon bucket agin with warm water and down the toilet it goes. i travel home with that 10 gallons in the tank and leave it in the tank until the next trip.

when setting up camp, i fill the black tank and drain. this sometimes is murky, but usually pretty clear. i then prep the tank with my tank chemical for the trip.

ive never had a grey tank odour, so i dont rinse and travel with my geo hybrid recipe, but would have no concern doing the same in teh grey if i felt it was necessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12