User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloydrb View Post
    Yes I did get it flush. The rail was pulled down but not actually bent. Bowed would be more accurate. I was able to get one screw into the hole second from the end of the rail and the self tapping screw as close to the end as I could. The mount holding the weight of the door doesn’t go to the end of the rail anyway. It’s about 4” to 6” in. My concern was roller clearance under the screw heads. No problem there.
    Well that was a pain but got it fixed. Had to go in through the control panel housing. Removed it and had just enough room to get a 90 degree driver and throw a self tapping screw in and pull it all up. That was a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The track fell off on my 379fl pocket door. I was able to re-attach using two 18" extensions on my drill/driver with self tapping screw taped to the bit. Got 2 in that way and it's been good for a couple years.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you go about removing and reinstalling the door?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pocket door 31MB

Quote Originally Posted by RM_SGO View Post
    How did you go about removing and reinstalling the door?
    Which door came detached? Mine was the one immediately in front of the main rv door entrance.

The door didn’t come off the rail. But rather the rail came disconnected from the header all the way back inside the wall.

If this is your issue, I unhooked the door from the two sliders (YouTube that as it’s easy once you release the clips).

Then remove the door completely.

I then removed the control panel on the wall where your slide switches are. Once that is removed, you can actually just barely reach the header for the pocket door inside the wall. I bought a dewalt 90 degree angle drive (this one. https://www.homedepot.com/p/308436444)

I used it to get a self tapping screw into the most inner part of the rail, then into the wood header. I put the control panel back up.

I then had my tall/slender son take the same drill and angle drive to put a second self tapping screw into the railing as far in as he could reach from the door side. He has long arms which helped.

Then reinstalled the door.

Lots of lingo here that probably isn’t very descriptive. My apologies. If you want to private message me I may be able to help. Could even FaceTime if needed to try and help.

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To remove the pocket door: at the top of the door opening (inside or outside of opening), remove two screws holding on the wood trim strip. This will give you access to the roller track. Close the door and observe the two roller trolleys: at the top, just under the rail, there will be a rotating clamp lever that will release the stud mounted to the door (refer to the manufacturer pics of the parts referenced earlier in this thread). Move the trolley either way to release the door and do the same for the other trolley. You may need some help, because the door is surprisingly heavy. Remove the door and you can inspect the rail. It appears that the installer is not careful when driving in the farthermost screw in the rail. This allows the rail to sag downward when the door is fully retracted back into the wall. You can access that screw by having someone pull the two walls apart at the opening to give more clearance for your arm. Luckily, the flimsy walls are easy to bend without breaking.
    You can determine if you have this problem by looking at the leading edge of the pocket door when it is fully open. The bottom edge will be sticking out further from the opening than the top. If you can easily push the bottom edge back in, your rail is sagging.

Ken
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2007 Ford F350 diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No trim removal is necessary.

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, technically, you don't have to remove the trim piece. But, it makes it a lot easier to access the wheel trolley and the clamp with your fingers if the trim is removed. FWIW.

Ken
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2007 Ford F350 diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12